Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noise After Braking On Ls 430

emotionalgenius

Hiya guys,

I have finally picked up my LS. Full Lexus history, 190k and cam done at 168,00 and immaculate so pretty chuffed. Just a few issues which I have discovered and would love to draw from the knowledge of your expertise on here if possible...

1. Noise from what seems like the drivers side front after breaking (medium to hard) which goes "dum,dum,dum,dum, dum" for about 5 seconds after breaking...this also happened on start up this morning (I park on a steep slope) it doesn't happen if breaking slowly !!

2. Back side light (on boot section) doesnt work on passenger side, changed bulb but still not working, could this be the bulb holder ?

3. Is it worth carrying on the servicing at Lexus and are the service plans good value ?

Otherwise this beauty is gorgeously smooth and luxurious...happy ? I haven't stopped smiling all week... :phone:

Thanks in anticipation

Glyn

Test Lexus.... ask then to suggest solving the light problem and likely cost ............ before you commit to it ............. and then judge if you want to continue with Lexus main dealer costwise generally !

Btw, welcome to this illustrious club

Malc

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya everyone,

Car has been into Lexus for a service to keep up the history. A few things to mention.

1. The strange noise was a loose panel under the hood, now fixed. No other things needed any attention, result !!

2. Loaned a two day old IS 300 hybrid, not a patch on the LS though the fuel gage doesn't seem to work as it didn't move on my 35 mile jouney :shifty: , unlike the LS !! (Ha)

3. Have bought into the Lexus service scheme, £20 a month direct debit for 34 months and next 3 services are covered (two major and one interim) I think this is brilliant value !!

It all adds to the old saying, "check the history and receipts before buying and go with your head and not your heart" I looked at a few before deciding on this and am was patient. I am not a mechanic or even pretend to know about cars so am lucky I am in this forum and took the advice of some of you knowledgable folk, for this I thank you !!

£1,900 for an absolute mint LS which has been lovingly cared for is a bargain, I may not get the miles per gallon of most other cars but I get more smiles per gallon than anyone else I know !!

Thanks once again and I hope some of this update may come in handy for someone...