Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I'm unsuccessfully ordered a Bosch Battery (that Bosch product finder would fit my SC430 but which is 5cm too high), and now I'm got to pay to return it.....

So.... I'm looking at a foolproof way to find the Battery I need for my SC430 - at least a 4 year guarantee. The last one did - but was bought from Unipart who are now of course bust - just a few months after my Battery has failed.....

Many thanks.

Hi,

I'm unsuccessfully ordered a Bosch battery (that Bosch product finder would fit my SC430 but which is 5cm too high), and now I'm got to pay to return it.....

So.... I'm looking at a foolproof way to find the battery I need for my SC430 - at least a 4 year guarantee. The last one did - but was bought from Unipart who are now of course bust - just a few months after my battery has failed.....

Many thanks.

Go to Lexus. I got a good deal off them, they fitted it while I drank coffee and read the newspaper and a very attractive receptionist was very friendly. Mike

As Mike suggests go to Lexus.

As for the wrong Battery and as it is misdescribed ask them to arrange collection at their cost. Under the Distance Selling Regulations you have a 14 day cooling off period so can without providing a reason change your mind and the company has to make arrangements to collect it from you and refund you unless their is a clear disclaimer on the website.

The Distance Selling Regulations only apply to items purchased before 13 June 2014. They have now been superseded by the Consumer Contracts Regulations.

I also believe that the "cooling off" period is 7 working days (starting the day after you receive the goods), rather than 14.

Costco do a lifetime guarantee, which they have honored for me twice (different batteries) they sell Bosch

How does that work for them, as batteries have a finite life.

Maybe they expect most customer to loose receipt or change car.

For complete peace of mind on the compatibility and for a Lexus warranty and aftercare, it's a no brainer getting the right spec of Battery from Lexus

Lexus Battery prices have in my experience been more than competitive with other suppliers & fitters.

Costco do a lifetime guarantee, which they have honored for me twice (different batteries) they sell Bosch

How does that work for them, as batteries have a finite life.

Maybe they expect most customer to loose receipt or change car.

Maybe it's not lifetime, but I know they have replace 2 batteries for me now, perhaps 1-2 years old

Strange that Lexus fitted batteries are such a competitive price. The same can't be said about the cost of their spares/parts or servicing though.

Brian

The Battery cost from Lexus is related to the economies of scale brought about with being the biggest auto manufacturer in the world (Toyota) they buy more batteries than anyone else so therefore they can command leaner buying prices .They will still make the margin of profit as the rest of there buiseness but are making it from the Battery manufacturer and not from you but it as a double edge sword effect from their point of view because the Battery manufacturer is paying for your goodwill.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links