Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I'm on the lookout for an ls400 - but am struggling with decent insurance quotes. Everything is £1000 + . I've tried Chris Knott's and Adrian flux. I am late 20s, have 6 years ncb. I'd be happy with third party only but even that is expensive. The car is 14 years old + and worth around £1000 - I don't want to pay the same in insurance!

Any advice would be appreciated!

I assume that you have used all the comparison sites like MSM, GoCompare and Confused

Being in your 20s, insurance won't be cheap but you could try reducing the mileage to see if that reduces the premium or offer to pay a higher excess

I bought my LS400 at 28 with 7 years protected NCB and I was paying around £800 but once I hit 30, the premiums became more reasonable

My car was insured with Direct Line, Elephant, Admiral, Groves & Dean and Chaucer but every year, insurers offer varying prices so no ideas who's offering best deals right now

I know I can get insurance much cheaper via comparison sites, I got quotes....just keep forgetting to change over....more money than sense....which, to be fair, would still be true if I had ten bob to my name....

Being an old git is the answer. I've just renewed mine for £156 fully comp with NCB protection. The LS400 cost be a bit more. The girl on the phone told me the LS430 is a safer car than the 400 which brings the premium down.

I used a price comparison website - can't remember which one - when I bought my 430 a few months ago. I'm age 72, 5 years ncb at least, and had stuck with Lloyds Bank quoted insurers for years. Amongst the best quotes (but not the absolutely cheapest, which I'd shun anyway) was General Accident, part of Aviva Insurance, which I accepted at £320 or thereabouts, quoting from memory without going upstairs to get the paperwork - certainly lower than Lloyds had quoted me to renew on my former Rover 75.

Hope that helps. Perhaps there's value in being my age and a boring driver.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links