Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Review...

Stuno1

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly have no issue at all with my bridgestones.i find them hard wearing .michelin can be a bit soft but still

Very good .im going for bridgestones again when I replace .

Everyone has a preference. I am just illustrating that you don't have to pay top whack on brands for the best all around tyres. Vredestiens on my fronts were up to £60 cheaper a corner than Bridgestone, Pirelli etc

Good Years have been on a week, really pleased with them! Takes a lot to make them let go and when they do they give plenty of warning!

Will be replacing the fronts with them in a few months I think

I've had Capitol Eco on rear of mine since April and very happy. Handling is good and much reduced road noise. Avon ZZ5 on front which will be replaced with Capitol when the time comes.

• 5 months later...

Hi dave1 how have the avons zz5 been as i have zz3 on and need 2 fronts soon

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

The ZZ5 are far better than ZZ3, still running nicely on fronts. I am also very happy with the Capitol Eco.

I've had Vredsteins on several cars, including a Mondeo, various Volvos and most recently a Saab 9-3 Aero wagon. The Saab tyres were about £125 a corner - I could easily have spent double that on 'premium' rubber. They were also a damn sight quieter than the Michelin Pilot Sports they replaced.

Agree, vredsteins are good, had the sportracs before. I also rate Toyo highly too. The Proxes CF2 are good. I'm running Conti Prem contact 5s at the moment. New on and I don't think that much of them.

Fox

We have a full set of Toyos on my son's Skoda Fabia - ridiculously cheap and nicely grippy.

My wife's CR-V has Contis on the front - they're bl**dy useless and have worse grip in the wet then the offroad Hancooks on her old CR-v. I can't wait for them to wear out so I can replace them.

I just swapped from studded winter tyres (i live in Sweden) to Conti's so I expected to feel a bit less grip and they don't disappoint in that regard. I only got them cause the tyre place had an offer on that made them cheaper than Toyos. Never mind, according to most reviews I've read they should wear out soon :)