Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Before I Order:which Wheel Size

jimbob12345

Hi,

I have just had a ct on a weekend test drive. Loved it. My question is I do lots of A road and motorways so looking at wheel size and the expected mpg difference.

I am going to order advance model which comes with 17" wheels and was wondering if it is worth trading down to 16" wheels to increase mpg ?

Anyone got any experience?

Thanks

James

Hi I have the 16"wheels they seem to produce less noise and at 13000 miles are wearing well,(5 to 6mm left from 7mm when new) the fuel consumption (from tank to tank )is 62 MPG they are also a lot cheaper to replace when worn out.

Welcome and enjoy you new CT; I bought a CT-SE in December 12. I was advised by the dealer to use 16s, for a better ride and economy and, I believe, most others use the same.

However, if this is your first hybrid you will find it a new driving experience altogether and have to adapt to a new way of driving. Read the road ahead and avoid braking hard, try to glide to a stop, and do not be too heavy on the juice peddle, or brake, get up to speed and just gently hold it there. That is just a start.

Look through the threads on this site, there is a wealth of information, both technical and practical on how to get the best from your CT; provided by other users. At the end of the day though, it is YOU and YOUR style of driving that will improve your mpg. not the car.

I have about 20,000mi. on my clock and am getting around 61mpg (according to Fuelly, 'zippyone'). I am though, in the process of changing up a grade to an IS300h, for a little more comfort in my old age! I find the CT; very good and would recommend it. Look after it, it is very reliable, and comfy, all be it at a price. Then nothing is free nower days eh!

Good luck.

Michael.

Jimbob12345

I have had F Sport for just over a week and love it. Matter of preference but I think the F Sport looks the part. 17" wheels - maybe a bit hard but you get used to them. Car is giving me over 51 mpg and only done 200 miles to work and back.

Would re-iterate what has been said about different way of driving.

Alancc

I have a 2014 premier on 16's - I test drove the 17's - imho the ride is better on 16's but some say the aesthetics are better in 17's - I'm not concerned about looking lower its about mpg with me and the factory stats say mpg in 16's is higher. Finally and here's the rub look at the replacement cost of 16's v 17's - the 16's are very much lower price - so for me it's a no brainer - 16's

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• Like 1

I have a 2014 premier on 16's - I test drove the 17's - imho the ride is better on 16's but some say the aesthetics are better in 17's - I'm not concerned about looking lower its about mpg with me and the factory stats say mpg in 16's is higher. Finally and here's the rub look at the replacement cost of 16's v 17's - the 16's are very much lower price - so for me it's a no brainer - 16's

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Agreed on all points.In order to tell the difference in appearance you have to stand outside the car anyway. I had the no cost either way choice of 16" or 17". I chose the more economical, smoother riding option of 16". The latest face lifted CTs have softer suspension than the earlier models so the 16" should be better still. I believe that the base models use 15" wheels which are even more economical, softer riding but I don't have a clue what they look like or how much the tyres cost.

i have 17's fitted on my ct and on a rough road surface you can tell low profile tyres are fitted but you get used to it very quickly so it doesn't become an issue,it could be down to what the individual likes,personally i like the look of the low profile over the std 65 / 70 series tyre wall but thats just me

All,

Many thanks for all your replies. I think it will be 16's then, I am getting it as a company car but would like to buy it afterwards. So the cost of the tyres will be important in the future.

Got 63 mpg when I drove it when I had it over the weekend. Lovely driving experience . Just got to wait for it now .

Thanks again all

James

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links