Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 Stainless Steel Exhaust

Hi. Anybody out there had stainless steel exhaust fitted to there 430? Just found small hole in my drivers side back box.stupid price for bog standard box.

Or does anybody know who does the normal one at reseaonable price.

Full system, £390 made to measure and fitted. You can get cats done as well but they are extra of course.

Tony Banks in Leeds http://www.tonybanks.co.uk/

Nice chap and knowledgeable, very good service, they spotted a problem (both cats were rusted badly and leaking emissions) that was missed on the MOT a few days before, and the problem could not have happened in just a few days, but thats history.

I know that others can do a similar job, but this is the chap I tried and would again.

I did and it was an extra £250 to have them made and fitted at the same time as the exhaust system.

And forgot to say you can choose the sound out the rear end, from nearly silent to the full v8 burble. I went quiet.

Car runs very nice now.

Cheers. Ive found a firm down my end that does them, i spoke to him this mornning he quoted me £400-££450 so if i can keep him to £400 wont be to bad as it would cost me £60 in fuel to leeds and back? I had greenflag out yesterday as when i got in car at home started her up and eml never went out? It showed cat fault but greenflag cleared it i gave it a good run and never came back on?drove about this morning and not come on. So ill have to wait and see.

I did and it was an extra £250 to have them made and fitted at the same time as the exhaust system.

And forgot to say you can choose the sound out the rear end, from nearly silent to the full v8 burble. I went quiet.

Car runs very nice now.

Chris does your car run as quite as the factory exhaust?

Car runs very nice now.

Chris does your car run as quite as the factory exhaust?

Just a bit noisier especially on acceleration, but not too bad

Going to order a second hand box £140 delivered. If i get another year out of both boxes ill be happy then think go to stainless. One breaker came back with £240 for a used box, dont think so. £300+for a non genuine box why are they so expensive????????

Hi

When I told my insurers (LV) that I was going to have stainless steel back boxes fitted to my 430 they quoted me an extra £50 a year on my premium!

Hylomar exhaust repair putty is your friend...........

Scott

I thought LV was possibly one of the ethical insurers left in this world ..... clearly not .......... £50 increase in premium for a substitute stainless back box system .............. arrrrgghhhhhhhhhh .... when will the insurers stupidity ever end !!

Malc

Insurer's are just highway men without the mask. Ive just got my renewal through, it was £300 last year ive got a extra years no claims so guess what theve put it up to £410, bargain NOT.

Im now going with saga £278 now thats more like it.

• Like 2

Saga, well, my experiences of them are as absolute shysters of the first degree ...... wait till next year's premium comes thru .................... will any of them ever be honest and ethical ....... sorry, rhetorical question .... we all know the answer

Malc

• Like 2

Best way to deal with any change such as normal exhaust to stainless is this argument.

If i leave the steel one on it will rust and will cost stupid amounts to replace which you the insurer will cover, i am changing to stainless steel system which will last (10yr guarentee on the one i had on my car) a significant amount of time and probably will not need to be replaced by your cover. This is a quality and safety improvement and should not incur a policy premium raise.

As you can see this will save both time and money for us both, so if you feel you need to raise the premium i will go elsewhere, you choose.

I have used the above argument on many occasions regarding motorcycle exhausts, it works just as well on cars.

For me i had admiral on my car and they said it does not matter as it is a safety improvement and cost effective. I rang them before i had it done so was well aware of any implication.

I must admit though, some insurers are poor in quality and service and use any reason to raise the premium.

• Like 1

My daughter in law's car is broke so she has been looking at a standard golf.not gti ect, her car now is a megane and on a golf they say her insurance will go from £125 pm to £225pm i dont know how they get to these stupid figers. Both cars near same value same size engine ect. Ok so some scally would nick the golf before the megane but id say thats the only difference? No wonder young ones are driving around with out insurance.i think insurance companies should start them on a low reasonable policy and then punish them if they are a liable custumer.

Not just the young uns drive about with no insurance.

Couple of years ago a report shown that some high end cars were not insured as the keeper could not afford to insure it, but they still bought it, sounds daft eh ? Shame we never see these cars being seized and crushed, just think, 6pm news and a posh bentley in the crusher because the owner couldn't afford insurance, i would love to see them crying.

Would make a good show actually, kind of reverse wheeler dealers, 1hr of car crushing delight with the footage of the car being seized. Make the owner watch as well for the final shot of joy for us.

• Like 2

Hi

Well I explained to LV that it was a long life stainless steel replacement for the original back boxes, and we even managed to agree that it wouldn't affect the performance of the car. However it would be regarded by LV as a modification to the exhaust system hence the excess of £50.00 per year.

Bit of a shame because as the new owner I just want the car to look and drive as good as it possibly can do, the back boxes are an obvious upgrade.

Scott

Scott

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links