Hi,

What bulb type is used in the front indicator inside the headlamp?

Thanks

585 382WA (also known as WY21W) - amber wedge base 21W.

They are a pig to change - they fit vertically into the base of the headlight. You need to remove the front bumper and at least partially remove the headlight (move it forward a bit). The owners manual says to go to a dealer (and pay!)

We talked about this recently - forget who it was - did you get it/them changed succesfully?

Wondered if they were as much of a pig as they look, hope they don't go on mine!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TurboDoozer
      I was changing the low beam headlight on the driver side which is a bit awkward to get to. It probably would have been easier if I had completely removed the filter housing but I didn't. Anyway, got the old bulb out, put a new bulb in and just loosely put it through the hole. I switched the lights on at this point to test that everything was working and it was fine. Now I should have put the lights off but I didn't, instead I went in to rotate the bulb to lock it in place. It fell out slightly, the glass of the bulb shattered and there was a bit of a bang. I put another bulb in and tested it but it didn't work. I tested with a second bulb and it didn't work. Turns out there is no voltage at the connector, I assume there was a short when the bulb smashed and it has blown a fuse.
      My Lexus is a IS220D 57 plate and has the type A engine compartment fuse box. According to this the left and right headlights are on the same 30A fuse, but my passenger side light is working fine. Is there another fuse somewhere that just controls the driver side? I wouldn't have thought there would be two fuses in line. Any other ideas? 
      Any help much appreciated as I can't seem to find anything online.
    • By cbr
      Hi!
      I have a 2007 IS250 with Halogen bulbs and I find the dipped beam poor, at best! I've heard very good things about OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED H11, halogen-headlamp bulb, and I wonder if anybody knows whether I can simply put them in.  I checked with a dealer and they said they thought I could but didn't know if it might knacker the wiring in the headlight unit.  Is this them just covering their backside I wonder?! Trouble is I don't want to take the risk of having to replace both headlight units if it goes wrong.
      So I ask:
      1. The reviews on these bulbs are brilliant but are they accurate?
      2. Has anyone fitted them and, if so, any problems?
      THanks in advance for your help! 
    • By DanD
      After washing my car late one afternoon last week, I noticed that one of the headlights had stopped working. Since I was travelling to the continent the following day at 5am, I had no choice but to live with it. However, the following morning, I found that the light was working again... and it has not failed since. Not sure what happened, although I suspect water may have something to do with it. Somehow.
      My car is a SE-I. HID low beam with halogen high beam. The bulb that (temporarily) failed was the HID.
      My questions are as follows:
      - What is the life expectancy of HID bulbs (my car is a 2009 with 105,000 miles)?
      - Are replacements a DYI or dealer job?
      - How much are replacement bulbs?
    • By IS220d Remapped (2 years)
      Hi guys,
      Thought I should join to share my IS220d experience.
      I had issues blanking my EGR few years ago as it would throw up all sorts of errors. tried cleaning but only eliminated issues temporarily.  
      I found a company willing to do a remap. He managed to delete DPF and EGR. I then blanked the EGR with a plate and got the DPF gutted by a professional welder (mechanic) within a week of map. 
      The car was at 120k mileage when mapped. it is now at 162k pulling strong on all gears. the economy, torque and response was an still is really noticeable. I manage 38>mpg on minor boost and 31-36mpg having fun with it. These figures vary dependent on weather and road conditions hence the large variations. 
      To summarise,
      1. hydrocarbon engine flush. (I just did it for the sake of it) 
      2. remap (delete EGR and DPF from ECU) 
      3. Blank EGR (blanking plate from ebay)
      4. DPF gutted then re-welded professionally (from my mechanic)
      Hope this helps,
    • By Abz_17
      Hi, i own an is220d, and need some advice.  I wanted to change my alloys and was wondering if a set of alloys and tyres from an is250 or is200 wheels would fit my car? I tried looking for a decent set of is220 wheels but they are proving difficult to find . I currently have a set of 17" alloys which need a lot of TLC so was wanting to change then as I dont have time for a refurb. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!