Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why Does It Take Me Up To 9 Clicks Just To Set The Satnav To Take Me H

Hi guys and girls,

I've had my IS300h Executive Edition for 1 month now and love the car! I will list the positives and criticisms on another post but my biggest bugbear is the satnav and how to set a destination.

Firstly, this only applies to owners without the "mouse-pad" and have the wheel to input commands. Not sure what "mouse-pad" owners think of theirs and the speed of setting a destination?

So, this is the steps I need to take to set my home destination (by far the easiest) and I'm reducing clicks here by starting from the Nav map screen, not from menu!

1) Click twice on wheel button to get to the nav options menu

2) Click once to access Destination

3) Click once to access Home - back to the Nav map screen with the stupid arrows...

4) Click once and an arrow is highlighted

5) Move wheel button around to get to the bottom corner and click Set (up to 3 "moves"

6) Click on Start....

Phew..... So, adding all these clicks and moves, it has taken 9 actions just to set my home destination!

In other cars in the same category, it takes one click of a button if you set shortcuts up on the dash. SURELY Lexus must have had a human testing this rather than a robot as it is just so long-winded to do a simple operation. I have not even begun to go into setting a postcode, or even worse, setting an address using town and street...

So, am I the only one with major grumblings on this or are you all so happy because I have been an idiot and not read the manual and there is a magic button I have not used to set the satnav to home?

Please let it be the latter so that I don't have the urge to slit my wrists everytime I get in the car and have to setup the satnav...

Thanks for listening to my mega moan. Hope you all have better experiences!

Shady

3) Click once to access Home - back to the Nav map screen with the stupid arrows...

I'm 100% with you on this one !!

Whoever on the development team came up with this idea, and worse still any muppets who signed it off needs to be shot.

What user evaluation have they done that supports people needing to fine tune the destination so often that they delivered this functionality ?? I suspect absolutely none.

I really struggled with what was going on at this stage until i read the manual.

I just speak to mine and say "go home".

I shout at mine, but same thing lol!

or

Click 1, 2, 3 times from Homescreen to Home destination shortcut saved on the destination screen. Still too many, should be a home shortcut on the first menu.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links