Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uk Is Owners, Liberate Your Windscreen.......

.......from today, you can remove the taxdisk and holder and free up some windscreen real estate!

First thing I did this morning, got rid of the horrid lease company holder with its No-Smoking symbol and lists of phone numbers. Windscreen is now sticker free.

• Like 2

its a stupid idea and the only ones to benefit from this are the police and the DVLA.

having a tax disc in the windscreen is a constant reminder about how long is left before the vehicle needs re taxing. the RAC are having a moan about it and so is my company. its stealth tax on the motorist. I can guarantee more people will get caught out than is at the moment and all for genuine reasons, not because of being crooked and not having the intention of taxing the vehicle. according to the bumpf they will be sending out reminders when tax is due but I do wonder if the letter goes missing or gets lost, which can and does happen. i know the road tax is only £10 per annum at the mo but won't prevent prosecution if its not paid.

Spotted some cars for sale adverts last night

"MOT til February plus taxed til June 2015"

OOPS!!!

Am I missing something here. Why OOPS!!!!

Edit. Just realised you must reclaim tax. Me understand now.

Yes Graham, the unfortunate part about all this is, if you sell the car mid-month you can't claim the remainder of that months tax back from the DVLA (only the remaining unused complete months) but, the new owner still has to tax the car from the 1st of the month in which it is purchased, so they (the DVLA) are getting that bit twice!

Yes Graham, the unfortunate part about all this is, if you sell the car mid-month you can't claim the remainder of that months tax back from the DVLA (only the remaining unused complete months) but, the new owner still has to tax the car from the 1st of the month in which it is purchased, so they (the DVLA) are getting that bit twice!

This position hasn't changed though has it? It's always been full months as far as far as I remember.

Mind you, I don't really care when it's as cheap as it is with the 300h

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

There are a few classic car owners now that are getting replicas of their cars first tax disc and displaying hat now. Very retro. - think I might even have mine from 31 yrs ago somewhere to put back on my Golf.

So dose any one know what happens when you but a new car,

the price for my new car is a on the road price that would normally come with
road tax, can dealers still tax a new car?, or will they have to give me a
refund and I tax it myself?.

They can still tax it. The only thing that has changed is the need to display the disc has gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

My brains becoming addled. That's not the only thing thats changed. The new owner has to tax the car themselves, so you can't sell a car with the current tax. You, the seller, has to reclaim the full months remaining.

If you do not reclaim the tax, surely the DVLA online records will still show the vehicle as taxed?

I'm getting too old for changes.

They can still tax it. The only thing that has changed is the need to display the disc has gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

My brains becoming addled. That's not the only thing thats changed. The new owner has to tax the car themselves, so you can't sell a car with the current tax. You, the seller, has to reclaim the full months remaining.

If you do not reclaim the tax, surely the DVLA online records will still show the vehicle as taxed?

I'm getting too old for changes.[/

quote]

Well I didn't know that. Some one will help out with the answer I'm sure.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links