Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Service Plan Question

SimonG

Hi Guys :)

I've a question relating to the Lexus Service Plan that is offered by dealers.

I took out a Service Plan in October last year (The full service plan and not the essentials) and paid an initial deposit of £351.50 with 20 monthly payments of £27.00.

The service schedule shows the following services .....

Service 1 Oct 2013

Service 2 Oct 2014

Service 3 Oct 2015

My first service was taken out at the start of the term (i.e. Oct 2013) and as I covered more miles than I anticipated I had the 2nd service in April and now need the 3rd service. However, on trying to book this with the dealer they advised that I only had £75 remaining in my service plan pot so needed to top this up with a further £181 in order for them to do the 3rd service.

This caught me a little off-guard as I wasn't expecting to have to pay anything for this service as I was obviously going to continue paying the £27 a month until the end of the agreement and would not expect to have a 4th service included in the future.

The guy in the service department explained that the plan doesn't work this way and services can only be performed if you have paid sufficient fund in to the plan.

Does this sound right as surely this means that no one will have sufficient funds for the 3rd service unless they book the service on the last day of their service plan agreement !?

many thanks

Simon G

Hi, they normally ask you how many mile you are likely to cover each year, then adjust the service plan to suet, i would have thought that if you pay the £181 then you would not continue to pay the £27 per month for the rest of the agreement.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links