Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Faulty Ho2S Heater Circuit Malfunction, Bank 1 Sensor 1

omeo

Im based in Birmingham. I just spoke to amate. He has a mechanic friend. His going to ask him for a quote and then ill see between him an lexus. Problem for me with any garage is not sure if even they are not sure what they are doing like my mechanic they just my money.

Would the lexus technician of checked if replacing the sensor would cause any issues to the other sensors , threads, pipe etc that my mechanic advised?? Im assuming he would of when calculating labour costs etc.... to see if they could make some more money.

All that is required is that the heat shield be removed and the sensor unscrewed, then the new one installed. You don't touch other sensors or have to remove anything else. The only possibly problem would be if the sensor itself won't undo from the manifold however that wouldn't be known until it is attempted - this also isn't normally a problem as anti-seize compound is used on the threads during assembly.

• Like 1

I got the sensor changed. You were right. No manifold needed to be removed. It was the sensor between the manifolds. Car feels so much better. My mechanic didn't even know what sensor needed to be replaced or even where bank 1 sensor 1 was located lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links