Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Indicators & Pics

gt03raf

So the better half got her new car on Friday.

post-49256-0-46951600-1413310735_thumb.j

Quick question...

in the manual it seems to suggest that she should be able to tap the indicator stalk up or down and get lane changing indication, 3 flashes then off, like my IS 300h has.

It doesn't seem to be working. Is this a mistake in the manual, a feature that needs to be coded by the dealer, or, a fault with the car?

Andy

Nothing giving that impression jumping out at me in the manual (after only a cursory glance); whereabouts did you spot that? (would love it to be available)

Checked my current vehicle (loaner from Lexus) with Carista (Android diagnostics & settings app via Bluetooth OBD) and no lane change flash options appeared, which would seem to indicate it's not available (very small chance Carista simply doesn't know about it, but unlikely as they support it on other models).

However, reading around the web on the CT, I found that back in July this year, Lexus US announced the 2015 model changes coming to the CT, and one of the changes was:

• Turn signals adopt three-flash system

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean anything, as they could be fitting a different hardware module to the car in the States, but it might well be worth checking with the dealer just in case this option is available on new UK models as a customisation option.

Hmm, so it might be a 2015/US only feature..

I'm really surprised, didn't even think to check this functionality when we purchased.

I thought this was pretty standard across most cars/manufacturers now..

just checked the manual again, the online manual on the lexus europe website, ct200h, 2014 model (manual is dated May 2014)

Page 188 clearly states lane flash is a feature, Page 593 shows its a dealer customisable function (although the default should be 3 flashes)

Mine CT is 2012 model and I miss this feature a lot. Browsing online for a solution found a TapTurn relay that replaces OEM flasher relay and ads few features. Should get it within 2 weeks - shipment from USA. So if pre 2014 CT users would be interested I write more in due time.

For what it's worth...

On the latest RX450h, you can customise the "TapTurn" to OFF, 3, 5 or 7 flashes.

This is done via one of the customisation control buttons on the steering wheel (right hand side), but the car has to be stationary.

I am guessing that, if this option is indeed available on the CT, that's most probably where you will find it.

just checked the manual again, the online manual on the lexus europe website, ct200h, 2014 model (manual is dated May 2014)

Page 188 clearly states lane flash is a feature

Having looked at the online manual, you are right. My 64-reg loaner was registered on 1st September and had the previous manual supplied, so it does look like it is a very recent change. Although it is dated May, it states that it is 'valid from 08/14' so I guess my loaner was old stock (it should have supported changing the value within the personalisation section, but that option was not there). Any luck with the dealer getting it enabled?

For pre-2014 model owners - I have received today TapTurn flasher relay. Posted from Canada, it took 8 days to arrive. Not sure how to upload photos, so excuse lack of them. Fitting was easy and took not more than 5 minutes. Turned off the car, turned on hazard lights and listening to the clicking sound I have found the position of genuine flasher relay. You need to put your head under dash on driver side, look up, it will be on the right side, closer to engine bay, fitted to some white plastic cover (or whatever that is). All you will see from the bottom is the plug and wiring, but the whole relay is vibrating while hazard lights are on. Small flashlight was helpful. Turned off hazards and at first I have removed the plug, then the relay - just pushed it up, and fitted TapTurn in its place so it looks OEM.

All is working perfectly as on the above video linked by 200h.

What you get with TapTurn is lane flash / comfort indicators (3 up to 6 flashes on tap), additional modes of hazard lights (wig-wag, slow motion or wig-wag in slow motion :whistling: ), directional park lights and arrival / departure lightning. All those features use indicators and are adjustable. I did not went for strobe pack, do not think using it would be legal. Total cost was abt 57 quid, quite a lot, but for me it was definitely worth it.

Hope it is not against rules to post a link to the seller's webpage - http://www.autowindow.com/ and choose TapTurn or directly http://www3.telus.net/s_mcphee/orderTAP.html.

All I need now to be 95% happy with the car is dimming rear view mirror - another 40 quid. 5% are electric folding mirrors but due to price - not gonna fit them.

• Like 1