Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Recall

right, ive got to the bottom of it. Spoke to a lovely lady called Jenny from Lexus Customer Care who advises that there is issues with the recall checker. She has confirmed my car IS effected and i will get a letter soon. She also advises the recall site issue has been reported and will be fixed shortly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is back on the list. I'm wondering when, or if, Lexus will get in touch with me. If its not urgent, I'll see if I can book it in to coincide with a drive of the RC-F. Lexus Chester are due to have 2 demonstrators in at the end of the year

Having spoken to Lexus Woodford about this the other week, they also confirmed there had been an issue with the online checker, and my car was indeed part of the global recall for this fuel pipe issue. Apparently Lexus will be writing to all of us in the first instance. Once we receive our letters, I was told to call the dealership to book the car in for the recall inspection/replacement if warranted.

They did suggest given the massive scale of the recall that I wouldn't here much until December at the earliest.

The way I see it, if it hasn't caused any issues in the 6yrs it's been on the road, it probably isn't mega urgent.

I may well tie mine in with the next 7yr/70K service.

Thanks Guys, I Phoned Lexus Edinburgh who confirmed mine is on the Radar. So I asked can I book in to be told like some of you guys, not sure what we need or what we are to do.

They did however say VOSA would send me a letter asking me to contact my local dealer.

Wait and see I suppose...

• 3 weeks later...

upon checking from the lexus website and entering my VIN number...it says "Sorry, we couldn't find your car details in our database."

i tried several times but its the same...i thought i entered the wrong VIN,but i checked the VIN on toyodiy.com but the VIN i entered seems to correct....

does this mean my car is not affected?

TIA

All,

Quick update - Received letter from Lexus who are carrying recall campaing out with DSVA (formerly VOSA) advising my vehicle is in affected range.

They are currently scheduling a programme to complete rework of all affected vehicles - i've to take no action now and they will contact me again in due course to confirm when my vehicle can be taken in for the necessary modification.

David

• 1 month later...

Any update on when this work will be done. Got my letter several weeks ago but would have expected some further update.

It seems it may be quite some time if the issue is (presumably) pretty low risk ?

Anyone heard anything further ?

Cheers Gavan

Had mine serviced last weekend and the recall was on the list of work to be done but apparently Lexus released another recall the week before, didn't have the bits for the new one and wanted to do them at the same time. They didn't seem to be that worried about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a letter from Lexus about another ISF recall....this time about the cooling fan. Seems there could be an issue where the screws which secure the engine cooling fan motors to the fan shroud could become loose over time. This apparently could interfere with the operation of the cooling fans and engine temp could increase. Hedge End did mention this last week to me but said it was only a minor issue that they will look at in my service next month.

• 3 weeks later...

Lexus Cheltenham had mine in a couple of weeks ago for both the fuel pressure sensor sealing and cooling fan mods. Took all day and they carried out a health check of the car at the same time.

I had the recall letter in November so I called my local dealership at the beginning of this month, not realising that the fuel pressure sensor sealing issue wasn't just restricted to the IS-F. Service Manager then informed me of the cooling fan issue and booked me in for both mods a couple of days later. Guess if I hadn't called I'd still be in the queue with along with the 250/220 owners.

Lexus Woodford have me down for both recalls Stu.

They have suggested we hold off on doing them until my service is due (June time I believe?).

You can check the cooling fan bolts yourself. If they are loose, then I'd get the car in sooner to be safe (mine seem fine).

The same can be said about the fuel sensor. If you are detecting a smell of petrol in the cabin, you should get it in ASAP (again, not getting any smells in mine).

Way I look at it, neither issue has presented itself since my car was built back in 2008. Don't think another couple of months will do any harm.

If it did, I would argue the toss with Lexus for any repairs I needed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links