Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Manifold

Mark b200

Yea strange thing is the management light has gone off now but still seems to be a bit of a smell! Nothin is touching the manifold so not sure if it's burning something off of the steel from when was made.

Can I ask why you changed the manifold? I have read on numerous posts that there is very little horsepower to be had by changing the exhaust at quite an expense so I was just curious.

I changed it coz the flange had been worn down so as I needed a cat and centre box I changed the manifold was also advised to, to be fair it sounds a lot nicer but nothing to ridiculous. To get more power I'm planning on dropping a v8 out of an Ls400 in but still playing round with the idea as it's costly to convert to manual as I'm not a fan of autos

If just done my decat manifold today and i love the noise. Its a nicer note when 2500rpm or lower and has the rasp when you floor it.

However the left hand (lower) o2 sensor doesnt sit well. Iv had to re route the o2 sensor wiring temporarily until i can get the 90 degrees sensor adaptor. Also the heat shields now don't have any fixing so cannot be re-installed therefore is causing the fan to come on as it is heating up the above coolant pipes and surrounding systems.

Power has possibly increased slightly but that could be a combo of the decat and the cobra cat back I have or placebo style feeling, almost wanting to beleive it is.

I had to get a disc cutter on one of the bolts connecting to the down pipe as it was horribly corroded and had to remove the steering UJ between the steering column and rack which was also rusted. Besides all that it was quite simply to fit. The beauty of the replacement was the incredible space you have to everything!

I got mine for £120 brand new. For such minimal money I would advise it to anyone

As you can't do much with these engines am opting for the v8 so instead of throwing to much cash into it I'll put some aside so can do the conversion and the conversion to get it to manual as I think that'll be the 1 that costs the most, I love the sound of the v8 plus it sounds aggressive and throaty

Fair enough but bit of a shame as youll need to get rid of the manifold.

Personally id opt for the toyota supra 2JZ-GTE conversion

I do love a striaght six engine and the late supra engine is one of the greatest ever tuning engines

By the time I do it if I manage to do it I'd of had the manifold for a while, still looking at cost of the manual conversion but I did have a thought of the 2jz conversion as I like turbos but a v8 beats them just on the sound