Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Display Brightness And Folding Mirrors

sheri1

Hi. Just picked up a brand new advance in mesa red and I love it.

However, a couple of things are bugging me and I cant find the answers in the manual, so would appreciate some help from here if possible:

1. I cannot seem to work out how to set the Lexus display so that it goes into night mode when the lights come on (at night). The manual says (on page 368) that the system should go into day mode when the lights come on, but suggested that this can be done manually. However, when I go to the screen on the display, day mode is not there. Can anybody help with this?
  2. My car has folding mirrors which I expected to fold automatically when the car is locked. They do not do so. Is this a dealer programmed option or can I do this myself?

I would appreciate any help you can give me with these issues.

No experience with the new models however it shoul b be the same as previous versions. For the night mode ... There is a toggle button that will control the brightness of the instrument panel. On mine its on the right hand side under the steering wheel. Turn this fully clockwise and you will see the instrument lights getting brighter. When turning the button will click then it will stop. Having it set here will keep it on day mode which is bright all the time. If you turn the dial anticlockwise from this point it will click out of this setting and you will be controlling the intensity of the instrument panel. It is in this "range" that the auto night feature will kick in. You need to wait for the sensor to recognise its going dark for it to kick in.

Folding mirrors .. I don't know if this is an option with the new models. If you don't have it then there's an easy mod you can do that automatically closes them. I do think that the new models are auto closing however but may be wrong?

Check the switch just to the left of the mirror position adjuster; if it's a three way switch with 'Auto' written between pictorials of the mirrors folded in (at bottom) and the mirrors folding out (at top), then make sure it's in that middle 'Auto' position.

As already mentioned, that Max clicked position for the dash dimmer holds the Nav in day mode; bring it down just past the click, and you'll still get max brightness but also a night mode on the nav screen.

I had a loan vehicle a few weeks ago and mirrors folded by pressing button on mirror adjust switch. it's on same button assembly but separate switch within it.

Push button in to fold. Push in again to release button and unfold. It was manual op but may be able to configure so they are auto through dealer.

Hi from what I recall only the premier has auto folding mirrors my 2013 luxury has not got them.

Certainly my info around the 'Auto' button comes from my loaner Premier, however the Lexus website only mentions the dimming function as a difference between it and the other models, hence why I mentioned it.

Thanks for the help gents. I've got the day / night mode sorted so thanks for the help.

Not sure bout the folding mirrors. I may have to get in touch with the dealer to see if its an option.

Once again, thanks for the help

I've had my car for over a year now and been annoyed driving at night with the brightness of the Sat Nav, so much I often closed the display screen down. Never knew about the dimmer switch and moving it past the 'click' . Just tried it tonight - what a difference thank you!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links