Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

V 250 Fnn Anyone Know This Car

Had a quick look at this DHP (well, DHP wheels) LS400 today. It started life in the Notts area and finished in Worcester before ending up near Durham at this dealers on Autotrader. FSH up to about 3 yrs ago with cam belt change at main dealer but no stamps for last 3 years but very low mileage in this time. I think it was 10k in 4 yrs. Will need 5 tyres very shortly, thats 4-500quid to think about, Falkens on it at the moment, 1 key with 1 bladeless fob, 2 bonnet stays req, otherwise very nice. I'll have a test drive tomorrow.

Very nice condition with dark green trim, not seen that in an LS before. Seats and carpets are in lovely nick and I think I could live with it, pity it wasn't biege.

Question! there are 2 wires in the right side of the boot under the carpet which look like small digital aerial leads. Anyone know what these were for, some sort of after market electrical accessory? possibly

Found it

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201410188310117/sort/default/make/lexus/quicksearch/true/usedcars/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/radius/1500/postcode/m203qx/page/2/model/ls?logcode=p

Tells a few porkies in description with FLSH (apart from last 3 years) and very good tyres (ready for replacement) :)

Wires in boot could be for a mobile set up.

Sorry dont know how to do a link never ever done one before. I mentioned the tyres and he said they were legal. The un-necessary spiel does put you off though!!

Screw him down tight on the price as I doubt he paid much for it. Dealers and their use of flowery language really get on my wick. Personaly I would walk as I cant do business with someone I cant trust, hes demonstrated an economy of the truth already. Mike

Looks a nice one. In truth if the mot history supports the miles I'd judge the car not the seller.

Rear parking sensors I think are aftermarket and look colour coded so suggest someone made an effort. Take off the cost if a new set of Falkens as a minimum plus another chunk of danger money to get to £1600 maybe. Good luck.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

You will be hard pressed to get one as nice as this let alone at that price. I find it quite contradictory that we harp on on this forum about how good these cars are and then treat every candidate for purchase as a possible dog .

The guy selling it is offering a free three month warranty and if there is anything seriously wrong with it it will show in the first three hours of ownership.Get real, these were £50k cars fourteen years ago £100k today. The quality does'nt go up the road with the last owner .Tyres are consumables they are not there forever if you are worried about forking out 400 pounds for tyres should you even be looking at one of these cars.

Stop knocking the resale values you are only hurting yourselves.By the way the wires are related to the Lexus mobile phone set up that was then available on this model.

• Like 3

They always look great cars with a bit of spit and a polish !!! the 4 tyres will of course become 5, it's inconceivable the spare is other than just legal too ...... Falkens @£100 a time = £500 ........... £2k purchase price will be ok for this methinks .............. he's expecting to do a deal to get shot.

I too just hate it when traders / stealers spiel up the history with falsehoods and what's even worse is when some of em don't even tell you the mileage unless you specifically ask !!

Malc

I can go along with all your points. It is a nice car and the history supports the mileage. If the tyres had 4mm then I wouldn't point this out. The way I see it is , it's a £3000 car as the tyres need doing in the 1st month,wiper blades and bonnet supports and only one key. I think about £2000 as it stands. It would be nice to get a S/H car which needs nowt spending on it. My present car (E46) i've had 5 months and spent £19 on it. Thats got to be a record, for me anyhow.

Another big plus point it's on the door step 10 miles from home

I think it looks good, and even though the dealer has been fast and loose with the description, the car has to speak for itself. The test drive will show the important stuff (how it rides and how it drives). If that all goes well, the sparse SH over the last 10k miles wouldn't be a big worry. Bonnet struts ... well, mine have also gone, but having to lift the bonnet is so infrequent that I've not yet bothered. ;) I will, but it's a low priority at the moment.

And I agree that tyres on any car that you buy will eventually need replacing, so I think of it as money I'm spending for the next few years. (By the way, I was not able to get DHP-spec Falkens for £100.)

Good luck

Ah yes, a good point about the DHP Falkens ( which it has at the moment ? )......... ..... I was thinking of the usual 225/60/16 s ( about to put x 3 on this Thursday ....... £99.75 @ all-up.)

Malc

Nice looking LS400 and the 17" DHP alloys really make a difference.

The alloys themselves are becoming rarer by the week - I sold my previous LS400 last year and I still had the original 16" alloys and a set of the 17" DHP alloys in my garage which I sold this year for some useful money.

Good luck with this one

Just to digress the Service history is all important on a mutiple owner high miler but not at all important on a two owner 18k miler when it is 14 years old which mine was when I bought it .

It had 3 Lexus entries initial PDI free 500 miles and annual at 9k then nothing for thirteen years

The second owner had the car serviced at an independant he had used for years and because he was not putting miles on the car was just having oil changed every year.

The next service entry 13 years on was Lexus Glasgow when I had the cambelt changed and subsequent services that I do myself.The independant did not fill in the service record because he was not instructed to carry out a full service as per the schedule.

I know this will set off all sorts of WHAT'S but the service is there for maintanence but in this case that was kept to a minimum and the previous owner was quite happy to forgoe the warranty issues on non Lexus services because he was keeping the car in pristine condition .

The car is still in pristine condition and the service record I keep is really just for my own benefit

as someone as already said judge on the condition of the vehicle, it is all telling.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've seen this car on my road a few times and around the area and when me and my brother saw it, we both said what a nice looking car, it's a nice colour, it did have a slight scrape on the bumper but apart from that it looks nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this when it was for sale in Durham. Nice enough car but it needed 4 tyres and the dealer just said "they're legal" he also said "FSH" but it didn't. I wouldn't pay £2500 so, In the end, I never bothered and its been up for sale at least twice more since Sep/Oct last year. It should have newish tyres on, if not, then its got part worn.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links