Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anybody had any dealings with them recently?. I'm still waiting for my V5 almost four weeks after I purchased the MK3. I've e-mailed them with no response. I suppose I'll have to phone 'em. AAARRRGGGGHHHHH...............

They are inundated at the moment due to the change in car tax regulations and the closure of the local offices we have a case raised with them at work and they have said it could take weeks to sort out as they are full of temporary staff.

Call them and they will help.

I bought a new motorhome in May and a mate bought a new work van about the same time.

We both waited for about 3 or 4 weeks for the tax disc to arrive.

Also took a good while for acknowledgement of transfer of my part ex vehicle.

Sounds like I have been lucky recently based on these posts - I've had to wait 2 weeks for a new V5 to come through on 2 of my vehicles, 1 being a new car purchase from a dealer and the other being a change of number plates.

I have been told that typically they are taking 4 weeks to turn around forms now. Anything longer and I'd be on the phone to them

I bought a new car about five months ago. It took about five weeks for the V5 to come through to me.

If you go onto the DVLA website there is a section about how long it will likely take for you to receive the new V5, I think they state four to six weeks.

Steve.

The DVLA does have a backlog at the minute, and they are not the fastest either... Swansea has just taken over all the duties of Northern Ireland's tax offices, all our locals have been closed down. :( Provided there is no delay from the seller your looking at 4-5 weeks to get a V5 back..

• 3 weeks later...

It gets better. They now say they haven't received an application for the Lexus!. Luckily I have the new keepers part of the V5 so don't have to pay the £25. So at least another six weeks to wait. In all fairness to them,I can't 100% guarantee that the trader sent it. So with Christmas in the equation,I probably won't see the V5 'til next year. I was hoping to sell the car before then,but don't want to sell without the V5. Never mind.

It gets better. They now say they haven't received an application for the Lexus!. Luckily I have the new keepers part of the V5 so don't have to pay the £25. So at least another six weeks to wait. In all fairness to them,I can't 100% guarantee that the trader sent it. So with Christmas in the equation,I probably won't see the V5 'til next year. I was hoping to sell the car before then,but don't want to sell without the V5. Never mind.

that was a short ownership john? not happy woth it?