Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Diesel Oil Color After Service

Hi all,

I have a Lexus IS200d with 45K miles I had my car serviced by Lexus Edgware Road about 2-3 weeks ago, and since then my AVG MPG has gone down from 40-42 down to 37-39, but the car runs fine, sounds fine, and gives power I would expect from it but when I check the oil level which i usually do every 2 weeks, the color of the oil is very clear which I would expect to see in a petrol car, if I'm not wrong diesel oil should be black, do you reckon they have used the incorrect type oil?

if they have do you think will change it free of charge me being a lexus service plan owner?

Alot of my driving is Motorway i do rougly about 40 miles of M'way driving daily, 20 miles of dual carriage way, about 10 miles town driving.

I usually use Shell Regular Diesel, last week i topped up with Shell Vpower Nitro diesel my tank avg went upto 45 -48mpg, but looking today it has now dropped to 42.8mpg tank avg, and 39.7 avg.

Seems strange

Fresh Diesel oil takes some time to go black, what you have is clean oil and it will turn darker the more you drive. Some vehicles go dark after about 2 weeks of driving other May take longer.

It's always been the same with all my diesel cars too, stays clear couple of weeks then starts to go dark.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Agree with the above... maybe 500 miles and it will be black (that's not good, oil should be clean, it;s just the way of diesels)... will be good for another 6000miles at least. (I don't agree with long service intervals)

As for economy ... you'll have lights, heaters, demisters on more .. surprising how much difference they make

my fuel economy dropped below 40 this week.. but then the wife had it for a day... poor car :-(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links