Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i've bought a bit of a pup, 1990 LS400, in that it seems to be a recovered stolen one, or an HP snatchback, cos it has no spare wheel, tools, handbook, remote control fob, or anything else that wasn't bolted down! is there a workshop manual available? has anyone got a spare handbook? any little assistance would be welcome.

This is not the sort of car they do a Haynes manual for.

Stripping an exclusive brand new £50K car where the owners usually leave it to someone else to do the servicing and then selling all of three copies is a non-starter. You probably wouldn't be able to service computer controlled cars these days anyhow.

The Lexus manual does exist but, as I understand it, would cost more than your pup.

(bit of a Tom Jones) Its not Unsual to see a import with no jack, wheel, manual etc

i have seen many like it too.

how many years has the car been in the country?

thanks for your reply. car is not an import, allegedly, cos it was first registered here in 1990. tho i see someone has offered a CD of the manual, so i'll see how i get on with that.

• 3 months later...

Re LS 400 w/shop manuals there are three[one is wiring]

Send a PM to Chris Shipley,if you must have 'em

Not cheap but plenty info. They are 100mm high if stacked! :ohmy:

This link gives you several options for obtaining Lexus servicing/maintenance information. Option number 6 in particular sounds like a great deal if you have broadband and can download all the info you need in one day!

http://www.pearsonimaging.com/LS/repairmanual.html

Actually, the site is amazing. The guy lists tutorials for changing brake pads etc, if you are mechanically minded.

This link gives you several options for obtaining Lexus servicing/maintenance information. Option number 6 in particular sounds like a great deal if you have broadband and can download all the info you need in one day!

TIS is only for american import version cars, and secondly, the biggest hurdle, they won't open an account for anyone without a USA postal address for billing.

Regards the TIS link, well you need to have a good friend in the US who is willing to sign up for ya! The UK spec model is not totally different from the US spec models. At least you get the main info like engine maintenance, taking door panels off etc, which shouldn't be different from UK and US models.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links