Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should be doing about 25mpg in real world terms. Lexus petrol engines are pretty much bang on for their fuel economy ratings. There needs to be a change of driving style in the hybrids if economy is the main priority but in the petrol engines, its pretty much get in and go.

Some owners have seen up to 35mpg on the motorway however.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished my first tank full and got 395 miles with 55 Ltrs used. Well pleased with that after reading all the reviews about how bad the mpg is on the 250. It was all just driving normally in normal mode. I'm going to try eco mode with the next tank full to see if it makes any difference.

Just finished my first tank full and got 395 miles with 55 Ltrs used. Well pleased with that after reading all the reviews about how bad the mpg is on the 250. It was all just driving normally in normal mode. I'm going to try eco mode with the next tank full to see if it makes any difference.

Thats approx 35mpg! Good going! I do think roads have a huge impact. I live in a very hilly area so im consistently getting low MPG's, not just on my RX but in any car I drive.

I average about 37mpg in the RX but like you say it all depends on the roads. On a long trip the south of France the RX dropped to about 29 where as I'm sure the GS would rise above 35. Each car has its sweet spot!

I average about 37mpg in the RX but like you say it all depends on the roads. On a long trip the south of France the RX dropped to about 29 where as I'm sure the GS would rise above 35. Each car has its sweet spot!

If only I could get that much in my RX! Im struggling to get 30mpg at the moment, Too many hills and cold weather isnt helping!

How's the GS250 on power then? Wife fancies an IS but cant decide whether to get the IS250 or 300h. Doesnt help matters that Stockport don't have an IS250 F Sport and only 1 IS300h which is slightly over budget for her considering she only drives 4k miles a year

GS250 is great on power, just can't understand all the negative comments. Think its because they tested them against 2.0 TDI ones where you get that kick but power all gone in a couple of seconds. The 250 just loves to rev and sounds fantastic, the inlet has a resonating device pointing to the bulkhead (no synthesised sounds).

The 250 are a rare car. Something like only 300 sold. Almost as rare as the ISF!

GS250 is great on power, just can't understand all the negative comments. Think its because they tested them against 2.0 TDI ones where you get that kick but power all gone in a couple of seconds. The 250 just loves to rev and sounds fantastic, the inlet has a resonating device pointing to the bulkhead (no synthesised sounds).

The 250 are a rare car. Something like only 300 sold. Almost as rare as the ISF!

Yeah all the comments are like "OMG its too slow, engine sucks" etc etc etc. Its annoying! If I recall correctly, absolutely tonnes of IS250 have sold in the states. Something like 3:1 compared to the IS350 which is only $4k more!

Also, Im sure the F Sport versions have a different intake to make it sound even better. Not too sure on that but Ive read it somewhere

pretty good review of the IS250 overall. The noise is just lovely! I would be happy listening to that engine!

I personally felt that the interior was well built for the price and certainly better than the BMW or Audi equivalent. The Merc C class is the winner in the interior department but my wife has no feelings for the looks. Apparently it looks like "a banana car" and the refinement was poor to say the least in all models, including the petrol C200.

Hi stevet,

I am reading your comments with interest as it looks like great value for money right now. I am curious what's the build quality like?

Any rattles or any other disappointing stuff you've noticed?

Build quality is spot on. The leather dash is just perfect. It feels much more luxurious than the IS. Side by side its not much longer but the rear passenger space and boot are huge compared to the IS. The intake sound is the same on all models, I have the Luxury one.

Value for money was the decider for me. Cost new, £39k with the Mark Levinson & Metallic. Mines 18 months old with 9k miles looks as new and cost me £21k

Well sport mode got 360 miles, so worse but to be honest its completely changed the way car drives. Feels so much faster and alive. I can live with 40 miles less per tank but just wish it would stay on sport after restarting the car.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree. The only other problem of course is that it just feels so big. Even after 2.5 years I still have close calls with the near side front - I don't know if it's the way the dash is but it makes the front corners almost impossible to guess at when parking up.

Still, it soldiers on. Never misses a beat, total dependability, solid construction. Nothing looks or feels worn at all, and the interior is still fresh and smart.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...