Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

is this straight forward to replace on a 220d and would i lose any settings? my car is 2009 and had a Battery replacement from Lexus before i bought it. I would have thought the Battery would have lasted a lot longer.

Lights are on the dash ok but when you try and start the car there is just clicking noise then that just gets slower until it stops altogether.

I hope its the Battery and nothing else

Any ideas from you lads?

cheers

I disconnected my Battery before for over 2.5 hours and I did not lose any settings that needed a dealer attention so I think your quite safe, I also have a 2010 is220d.

I would check and clean your Battery terminals make sure they both are secured properly, failing that get the alternator tested as it might not be charging your Battery properly.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

If you want to do the Battery change yourself... go here

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/tutorials/article/199-how-to-change-the-battery-on-an-is250/

afterwards ...do this

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/tutorials/article/200-initializing-windows-after-battery-change/

But you may still be in the warranty period for a replacement...if it is a duff Battery.

Must admit I agree with the comments above - check Battery terminals are tight, check the earth strap to the bodywork and get the alternator checked out and the Battery checked out too.

i'd endorse that - Bosch S4 batteries are superb.

Lexus don't make batteries - you don't need to go to a Lexus dealer. Of course, if you like to pay for the ambience......they'll be happy to take your money!

Well I had the Battery tested today and it's fine fully charged which is strange, car would not turn over yesterday then I got the breakdown guy out he jump started the car and I took it for a run of about 5 mile to try and charge the Battery a bit,

The car started fine today and battery's ok, I hope more serious trouble is not brewing.

Thanks for all the comments

I had the same problem with my previous car (not lexus), after changing the Battery 2 weeks later it happened again with the new Battery all dash lights on but when I pushed start button it gave me a fast ticking noise but no start, this time the RAC chap removed my air box out of the way so that he could have a look at the grounding cables, he told me to try and start the car, sure enough he found the fault as I was trying to start the car he could see a lot of sparks coming off the grounding cable attached to the car body which was sitting under the air box, he unbolted the cable from the car cleaned both contact surfaces with wire brush and electrical spray, car fired up first time after that and never gave me any more issues like this.

I think your problems maybe along the same lines, dirty contact of the cables. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links