Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice On This Potential Purchase Please ...

I'm not saying it wasn't worth it....just that similar older cars are criminally undervalued...whereas that was only undervalued....one day the 600 will be undervalued and am already putting money away haha

Me too!

I ran my LS400 for 13 years and sold it last year to a guy who still keeps in touch and tells me how much he's enjoying the car

I recently came back into the Lexus fold and now have a superb LS430 - this is a low mileage car which had only covered 40k miles.

Whilst the LS430 is a fantastic car, mechanically it is more fragile than the LS400.

I have had some issues with the Air Suspension but then it seems most manufacturers with cars fitted with Air Suspension seem to be more fragile compared to more conventional vehicles.

There are some keenly priced LS430s around but from my recent experience, the cheap ones really need to be avoided as they are likely to have a number of issues which could be costly to fix

Hard Luck Jonathon

Couple of points for the future search.

When I got my Mark 4 I had never contenplated buying a car on eBay ,I have a eBay account and have done hundreds of trades over the years.The reason the Mark 4 came up was that I was on the lookout as always for incidental spares for my Mark 1 and I spotted this Mark 4 at a secondary glance.

Now the reason it was on eBay was previously the owner had been trying to sell it privatly through a commision agent, not directly ,the price at the time was £4500 and did'nt sell although it only had 18k on the clock.The owners son in law suggested putting it on his eBay site as the owner did'nt have one.

And thats how I fell on it, I know a couple of other members had spotted it after a day on sale but they like me could'nt believe the mileage.

I contacted the owner through his son in law and trusted my instinct,made the deal which was, take it off eBay now and I will give you £3750 in your hand, travelled down to Cheltenham from Scotland overnight to land on his doorstep the following morning.

It turns out I was spot on as the car had previously been viewed the day before and the prospective buyer who lived near the seller went away not making a decision there and then which had nothing to do with the car, it was a minter, he thought it was too nice to park in the street.

He came back after I had done the deal offering more than I had but the seller was a true brit and stuck to the deal.

Points I am making is discount nothing with regards to the circumstances surrounding the sale get in there straight away to put your mark on the prospect before anyone else.

Wow, even better write up than my car had, which I bought off eBay within an hour of it being posted, then traveled to England from Scotland to collect it.- a risk, but I got it, and no regrets!

If an item on eBay is not as it is represented, you don't have to complete the transaction

Remind us Jonathan please, what was the former Ls400 all about that you so sadly had to part company with ?

Thanks.

Malc

I had a '98 mark 4 with high miles and LPG. I think that a poor cambelt change prior to my ownership resulted in 3 out of 4 bolts that held the vvti unit in place coming off and blow a hole through the casing and twisting the camshaft. It needed a new engine really and I had to sell it on for spares earlier this year. It's all documented on here somewhere. Since then, I've had a great summer in the mx5 but it certainly ain't a Lexus!

• Like 1

I've still my mk4 LS...... Was going to sell it but was offered stupid low money for it and would rather keep it as a ornament on drive rather than let it go for such a low price...... I Can't see me ever driving it again but I'm sentimentally attached to it, plus a spring broke on it after being sat doing NOWT for awhile.... Was speaking with a neighbour when spring went (being Ex forces i dived for cover lol sounded like someone shooting at me.... Did a couple of tours in NI ) then after investigation noticed spring had just broke...... sad to know she's going downhill not being used, but does look good parked on drive with her big sister lol

I've still my mk4 LS...... Was going to sell it but was offered stupid low money for it and would rather keep it as a ornament on drive rather than let it go for such a low price...... I Can't see me ever driving it again but I'm sentimentally attached to it, plus a spring broke on it after being sat doing NOWT for awhile.... Was speaking with a neighbour when spring went (being Ex forces i dived for cover lol sounded like someone shooting at me.... Did a couple of tours in NI ) then after investigation noticed spring had just broke...... sad to know she's going downhill not being used, but does look good parked on drive with her big sister lolattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I was in the same dilemma last year when I sold my LS400 - I did consider 'mothballing' it as I didn't want to let it go cheaply but then I realised that these cars need to be driven and enjoyed rather than sat around doing very little. The owner of mine is still very happy 18 months later after buying mine which is good to hear.

I can understand why you can't part with it though - leaving it standing still though will not do it any good. Cars are like pets - they need activity and to be run / driven a bit not sat around.

Yup, I would 100% have kept my ls400 if I had somewhere dry and warm to keep it...and could have USED it occasionally....cos it was the best car iv owned...did I mention that?...but cars need used and sometimes you gotta let go...or end up with a breeze block shaped garden ornament...

• Like 1

Yup, I would 100% have kept my ls400 if I had somewhere dry and warm to keep it...and could have USED it occasionally....cos it was the best car iv owned...did I mention that?...but cars need used and sometimes you gotta let go...or end up with a breeze block shaped garden ornament...

George - my LS400 was without question the best ever car that I owned. I ran an Audi A8 W12 (this has the 6 litre petrol engine) and it was an awesome car and a real head turner but OMG, the running costs were unreal and it's a car I was so glad to sell. Parts cost a small fortune and I couldn't risk running it for any longer in case something else happened to it.

My LS430 hasn't been entirely trouble-free but I am really glad to be back in the Lexus fold again :-)

Lol I'm quite happy to have my LS400 as a garden ornament,

• Like 1

I'd chop his nuts off if he disfigured my car.... Just imagine waking up in morning n seeing go faster stripes on 600... Oh ****... shudders at the thought lol

No fear of that car,is safely locked up in heated garage plus all alarms n cctv etc etc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links