Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Nx True Mpg

Test drove the nx primear and and like it. More smother then sport. Question is what the true mpg on normal road and o. Motorway say doing 85mph. Also in sport mode how much mpg will I get.has anyone bought one yet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought 70 mph was the speed limit on motorways not 85 mph

Glad to see you follow the speed limit but I think 90% of the population dont on the motorway. It should really be 100mph if not more, cars have moved on, the roads have moved on but the government is still in the 60's

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment i am getting just 39 mpg from NX300h Premier. I expect that to get better as i get used to the Hybrid, the car loosens up, and i stop sitting in various car parks showing off all the gadgets to my envious friends.

• Like 1

Currently I have got 35 mpg in 147 miles since I took my NX 300H F-sport from the dealer, with a few caveats:

- I have been playing with the gadgets (keeping the NX in "ready") a lot more than one would once he/she is used to the car

- I would say it has been 60% motorway (70-80mph), 20% city and 20% open road non motorway.

I am expecting it to improve soon.

After a 300 mile round trip yesterday, mainly on the M4, I've struggled to get the MPG to anything over 30mpg.

I've tried setting the cruise, driving like my gran, even leaving it in Eco - makes no difference.

The only thing I've found is that the estimate is shockingly poor. At one point I had 96 miles left on my journey home with 106 miles of fuel left. Driving at 60mph, within 10 miles there was less than 50 miles of fuel left. Another 5 minutes, and there was 20 miles left.

Now my daily commute to work is less than 1 mile - so fuel consumption is not really an issue for me. But heck - if car can't either a) get more than 30mpg on the m-way, or b) give an accurate, and consistent reading for estimating fuel consumption/range - this is going to be a tough 3 years.

My RX is the same on the motorway, around 30mpg. Yet my none hybrid GS250 will do 35-40.

Hybrids are not good on motorways, pulling all that extra weight of batteries and motors but just using the petrol engine.

In my experience ( I have not been able to test during this week, since I do not communte by car) whether the motorway is slightly up, or slightly down, makes a big difference, last week I was getting around 25mpg on the slightly up sections and 40mpg on the slightly down sections - around 75mph.

Waiting for the weekend to have some time to play again.

After a 300 mile round trip yesterday, mainly on the M4, I've struggled to get the MPG to anything over 30mpg.

I've tried setting the cruise, driving like my gran, even leaving it in Eco - makes no difference.

The only thing I've found is that the estimate is shockingly poor. At one point I had 96 miles left on my journey home with 106 miles of fuel left. Driving at 60mph, within 10 miles there was less than 50 miles of fuel left. Another 5 minutes, and there was 20 miles left.

Now my daily commute to work is less than 1 mile - so fuel consumption is not really an issue for me. But heck - if car can't either a) get more than 30mpg on the m-way, or B) give an accurate, and consistent reading for estimating fuel consumption/range - this is going to be a tough 3 years.

The estimate of your range will never be spot on as there are so many variables.

I wouldn't worry too much about the consumption just yet as the car will need a few more miles on the clock to loosen up and it's the wrong time of year. I wouldn't bother about the eco setting too much either (especially on the motorway) and just keep trying it in normal.

This is the first time i have driven a hybrid and i am having to adjust my driving style but i am getting there. I quite enjoy the challenge of beating my last mpg. I haven't got as bad as my dad yet who always used to keep a book of his mpg. In those days you didnt have a trip computer so he would sit there and work it out everytime he filled the car up with petrol.

It'll get better AndyMJ but it will never be 55 mpg. Just enjoy the rest of the car.

Hello. I got my wife a nx f sport in blue onThursday. Since then we have done 400 miles. And we cannot get 30.9 mpg at best.

I have had a ISF for 4 years and it got 24 mpg over 100,000 miles. So I would hope that a engine half the size and less than half the power Would get a lot more than 7 mpg more.

Do you ever think she will get 40 mpg?.

I have had the F Sport 300h for over a year and I'm getting a combined real life normal driving mpg of 40.

Given the aero dynamics alone I can't see the NX achieving that. I imagine it's heavier too. That said, it will improve as she gets used to the hybrid style of driving and the engine beds down.

Obviously time will tell but maybe 35mpg? Does depend on the type of driving too, around town where the electric motor can be used to its full extent is better than thrashing it up and down the motorway (not that I'm suggesting that's what she does!)

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Update - so far 242 miles done on my NX 300H F-sport. Average 33.7 mpg since refuel (actually since I took it delivery of it) and climbing. Mixed use 40% motorway, 10% normal roads, 50% city aprox.

post-51210-141866901136_thumb.jpg

Ok thought I would put my point over on this as with all cars the mpg has so much to do with the driver and how you read the road ahead , today coming home from a weekend away I reset my trip at Cherwell services on the. M40 and drove around the M25 back to East Kent and just before I got home had to fill up , was a test to see how good the fuel gauge is and as you can see from the picture only 4 mile range and the 60 ltr tank took 59.01 ltr but best of all was 58.2mpg over 2.5 hrs of motorway driving at 68mph . The best yet from my gs300h .

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

• Like 1

That's great, but what surprises me is how much fuel you got into the tank. Most here have found that even running on so called zero range, on fuelling couldn't get close to 60 ltrs. You seem to be running right to the wire and still have range, albeit hardly any.

That's great, but what surprises me is how much fuel you got into the tank.

GS300h has a 66 litre tank.

Thank you ColinBarber! That explains it perfectly.

The nx is good. Plenty of space for two child seats and 2 buggies. We only got standard nav and the reverse camera guide lines do not turn with the stearing wheel. Bit of a disappointment. She had a mini countryman before. So anything is a improvement on quality.

I would have liked a memory seat over a daft wireless charger.

The mpg is the only down side. Any up hill driving at all and it's down at 20 mpg or below.

We have a gs300h in the family and it is doing 42mpg.

Hello. I got my wife a nx f sport in blue onThursday. Since then we have done 400 miles. And we cannot get 30.9 mpg at best.

I have had a ISF for 4 years and it got 24 mpg over 100,000 miles. So I would hope that a engine half the size and less than half the power Would get a lot more than 7 mpg more.

Do you ever think she will get 40 mpg?.

That's actually shocking. May as well have put the 450h engine inside - Im easily getting 30mpg in my RX with a lead foot and no hybrid driving technique doolalley whatsoever. I just drive it like a normal car! and I live in Yorkshire - probably the most hills in the UK :P

@DJP.

Very pleased so far.

I am coming from a 2005 accord 2.4 auto and it is definitely smoother (though the engine of the accord sounded better from the outside).

Handling is pretty much on par with the accord (I went for AVS). In terms of performance it is pretty much the same, but it is more difficult to tell what speed you are doing on the lexus than it was on the accord.

Consuption much better from around 28 mpg, I have definitely noticed the difference there.

It is my first SUV, so still getting used to sit taller on the road. It is taking some adaptation period for me.

I expect my consuption to reach around 38-40 mpg when I start using it normally (rather than test mode that I am doing now)