Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Nx True Mpg

did your super unleaded test coincide with colder weather?

Or anything else different in the driving pattern?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would say there was a bit of a cold snap - would that make a 10mpg difference ? Driving style did not change and reading taken from computer (not old school I'm afraid). Filled up again the other day (using standard) and average went up to 33 after a couple of days. I'm not bothered either way but will just stick to standard from now on.

My tank of petrol has varied from 29mpg to 36mpg since I have owned the car, my average now being 32.9. But a lot of my trips are of very short duration which is why I am under the average. This happened with my last car too. On my last fill up, at one point I was doing 27mpg, but then on a 140 mile round trip I did 37mpg, so depending on the type of trip, speed, temp etc it can vary hugely. My worst mpg is when I just pop to the gym on a cold morning and I barely get over 25mpg, my best being on a 25 mile round trip on A and B roads, which I do once a fortnight, which returns 40mpg.

Average is 37.4 now after 2668miles - lower average last fill up of 36.2 as temp has dropped and also about 60% of the tank was done on motorway - seem to struggle to get much above 36 when on motorway unless in one of the interminable 50mph sections.....

36.1 after 3500 miles, dropping as the colder whether impacts. In the winter my IS300h F Sport would be around 38, so if I don't get worse than 34/35 in the NX I'll be quite happy. Stupid thing is in over 30 years of driving I've never considered mpg or indeed the price at the pumps. If I liked the car I bought it and if it needed petrol I filled it up. Over the last couple of years I have paid attention to the mpg and try and drive to the hybrid's strengths. It's a game to see how well I can do. I thought I'd tire of it but haven't so far.

Yeah I too suddenly find my self on watch the mog gauge (not that it's important to me in all honesty). Still only at 31 after dropping to 27 from 37 when I filled up with super ??

New trick discovered today - if you have destination in sat Nav you can text a quick message from Lexus preset messages to say the wife and it gives your exact eta....cool !

Only issue I have there though is it only displays numbers on screen so you kind of have to know the number your texting back - thought it would display as named contact as it picks all contacts up when you jump in the car.

I've got Premium Nav system. Go to telephone CLICK messages and then in bottom right of screen will be a box saying quick messages - there are 15 pre set that you can use to reply to texts or email whilst on the move - or you can set your own message - very handy

As I suspected, it's apple not the car. I think it's something called Mapi/Tapi protocols that determine what messaging/e mail functionality is available on the car. I can see the drop down box you are referring to but it's greyed out. E mail doesn't work either.

Apologies for taking the thread off topic.

Sorry to go off thread- Samsung solution (I had exactly same issues and it's taken me hours to sort - Dealer couldn't )

On your phone settings set it to keep emails for up to 2 weeks only (I had 5000 stored on phone) get rid of all unnecessary text messages and then set Lexus system to default settings - that should do the trick. The problem (to me) seemed to be that the Lexus system was unable to cope with the amount of data I had on my phone. Good luck !

3400 miles in now in just over a month and the mpg continues to be around 37.5 despite the cold snap - tbh I've been using cheap super the last couple of fill ups and have been over 38 on one of the tanks despite some heavy motorway miles.....

I am still way down on that, but my journeys are all of very short duration right now so the engine doesn't even warm up. Since a fill up on Monday I have driven only 50 miles averaging at 26 mpg but all in quite cold conditions of sub zero or +2 temps. Most are 3-4 mile journeys. My overall average since owning the car is 32.6, not good I know, and well below the national average, but I really do always have a lower than normal mpg because of the type of journeys I do, which is why if they did a NX plug in, I would be very happy. Of course that is not going to happen. :(

Now over 4000miles and the last few fill ups have all been over 38 with varied road driving - I use a neat free Iphone app called Road Trip Le to do tank to tank averages and it shows a graph of mpg from fill up to fill up - definitely shows up when I've used cheap supermarket fuels as they show up well beneath the average and have been what has dragged down the overal figures......

A recent 650 mile trip (with supermarket super unleaded - or "Taste the Difference unleaded" as my family call it) has changed my overall consumption not at all, ie still around 41 mpg. The 50% motorway part was a slightly disappointing 38 mpg; the non-motorway part (mostly hilly Welsh A  and B roads) was an impressive 44 mpg despite pressing on. I suspect a conventional diesel drivetrain would have reversed these figures.  Incidentally, also impressed by the handling on the twisty stuff - the NX can be hustled with very little body roll. Might try non-supermarket unleaded next, given Paul's experience.

Best mpg so far - 41.9 on shell standard unleaded - I have found that the computer is far more accurate than any other car I've had - over reads by only about 0.5mpg whereas most others I've had have been wildly inaccurate often saying 50mpg when in actuality it has been 42-43!

I'm just over 4000 miles and lifetime average is bang on 35. I haven't done a journey over 10 miles for a fortnight so the stop/start is killing the mpg. I'm borrowing an IS200t for a week on Monday, it will be interesting to see what I get from that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links