• Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear
    • 1000's of Lexus For Sale
      1000's of Lexus For Sale
    • Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
      Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
    • Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
      Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
    • Join Gold & Save!
      Join Gold & Save!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

jawadarif

Lexus Nx True Mpg

317 posts in this topic

Me too 34.6 and I've had a 4 bike roof rack on for last 3 months - making no difference on mpg

20160828_112704.jpg

Up to nearly 28,000 miles  in 10 months and my actual tank to tank is still hovering around 39.5 - that's over many motorway miles and fast A road journeys - I do at least 400 miles a week on motorway and a leaden foot certainly drops the average.......

Wow, that's a lot of miles (to me anyway 11k after 1 yr). How's the paint holding up, especially on the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paint looks fine - a couple of minor stone chips on the leading edge which is not untypical of any of my cars that have done these sort of mileages in the past......best paint for hardness was surprisingly on my Evoque which was virtually unblemished after 3 years and 100,000 miles

Posted (edited)

My average since owning my NX is 33, slightly less in the winter (31) slightly more in the summer (35), which for the type of journeys I do (mostly short) is about right. When I go on a longer journey I get around the 40 mark regularly, in fact I just did a 300 mile round trip (mostly motorway) and achieved 39.8. My best mpg was on a 30 mile trip on a motorway, restricted to 50mph due to roadworks, and I stayed above 50! only just mind, but I was amazed. 

Edited by Goggy
wording

I regularly run junction 17 to 19 on the M6 which is about 13 miles at 50 mph and it does wonders for bringing up my mpg - it hunts from EV to engine on for pretty much all the way and adds about 2-3 mpg to my current average by the end of the stretch - tend to ruin all the good work by then nailing it down to J15 where I come off.....

On 10/10/2016 at 9:44 AM, Goggy said:

My average since owning my NX is 33, slightly less in the winter (31) slightly more in the summer (35), which for the type of journeys I do (mostly short) is about right. When I go on a longer journey I get around the 40 mark regularly, in fact I just did a 300 mile round trip (mostly motorway) and achieved 39.8. ...

Is this actual mpg or just the reading from the display? I regularly get around 49 according to the display on my is300h, but it translates to about 45/46 at the pumps. 33 displayed is roughly what i got on my mk 2 is250, but that was nearer 30 at the pumps. Of course the difference is slight when measured against the total cost of ownership.

My figures are actual factual tank to tank averages not the computer readings - I do sometimes achieve better than the dashboard readings but it's a rare occurrence - usually 1-2 mpg lower than the figures on the dash but tbh the computer in the Lexus is way closer than most if the other cars I have had in the past......

On 10/20/2016 at 8:42 PM, michaelH said:

Is this actual mpg or just the reading from the display? I regularly get around 49 according to the display on my is300h, but it translates to about 45/46 at the pumps. 33 displayed is roughly what i got on my mk 2 is250, but that was nearer 30 at the pumps. Of course the difference is slight when measured against the total cost of ownership.

Actual. I keep a record of all purchases of petrol, types of journey etc, I only use the display reading as a guide, which appears to be about 5% higher than actual. 

Had mine recently delivered, averaging 42MPG according to the trip computer. I drive like a granny and it's very flat around here plus the weather's still warm. Nice car albeit they could shave 90% of the buttons in the next revision.

Clicked over 30,000 miles today in 11 months - long term actual, factual, mpg is currently standing at 39.62 which I'm happy with - for a 2.5L petrol auto 4X4 I think this is very acceptable - while I achieved around 45mpg out of my diesel manual Evoque, I'm pretty sure an auto 4x4 version wouldn't get close to that - certainly looking at the figures achieved by various car magazines on many diesel 4x4's, most struggle to get mid 30's  and you have to deal with that horrible thick stinky stuff at the pump! I love this car!

Early days for me but first tankful on dealer supplied fuel was 35. 2nd tankful 37, 3rd 39 and nearly 40 on the current tankful. All the fuel I've put in has been BP Ultimate or Shell V-Power but doubt the dealer did. All my mileage is of a  similar pattern every week and a tank lasts just over a week so a reasonable comparison although of course not the same day, nor exact weather & traffic conditions. Seems fairly easy to get 39-40mg on most journeys I do which is pretty impressive for a heavy petrol powered SUV.

Just had a quick check of my MPG according to the dash readout. 🤣😄😅 If only it was true..

IMG_0095.JPG

After my first decent run, reckon if you wanted to eek max mpg you could get to 50mpg on the trip computer

IMG_0199.JPG

A remarkable 53mpg from central Birmingham to home today. Wasn't rushing. Remarkable figure for a petrol-powered SUV. Weather warm today which has probably helped. I wasn't trying either, I just drove home sedately and checked the figure when I got home. 5 miles of congested city centre roads, another 5 miles of free flowing urban roads and then 20 ish miles of country A roads and dual carriageways

1 person likes this

Crikey, that is good. It really all depends on the average speed you can manage. If you keep up a constant 40-50 on a longish trip I think that is when the car will be at it's best, so A and B roads with no hills. :)

150 miles to Weymouth today. 15 miles of A roads + 85 miles of M5 and then 50 miles of A roads and occasional dual track. 41.5 mpg. Never exceeded an indicated 80 on motorway and mostly 75. By the time I peeled off the motorway it was showing 39.5 for the trip but it crept up to 41.5 by the end. I'm quite enjoying the challenge of making good progress with good economy. Amazing how much the odd full throttle blast up a long hill increases the consumption and how long it takes to get it back