Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rcf First Drive

Chaps - quote from the Car magazine long termer - "The F was seriously quick, particularly past 4500rpm when the two-stage intake system did its work and piped a load more power to the wheels and a brilliantly bassy growl into the cabin."

Might be my misinterpretation, but when I bought the vehicle, my dealer said Lexus was using the induction system 'via some trick pipework' to influence the sound in the cabin in such a way that minute pressure changes generated an almost physical interaction with the engine note, and it's true, you can 'feel' the sound and throb of the induction roar. Very impressive ;)

By whatever method of 'witchcraft' employed, everyone always commented on how awesome it sounded; as long as it sounds good, I don't care how they achieve it :hocus-pokus:

Ah well, another day nearer the test drive...

Just to reiterate an earlier question, has anyone seen a vehicle that the carbon hood / bonnet looked good on other than black? I'd just really like the saw-tooth wheels, but if not, there's always room for a sun-roof and the thinner-spoke design (do they look good in the flesh?)

Despite being disappointed by the reviews, I'm still waiting for a test drive to make my own mind up. A salesman at Stockport told me a couple of weeks back that most of them were in the country but they were waiting to release them all to dealers at the same time in late Feb. Has anyone else got a specific date?

I think a carbon bonnet makes a car look like its been attacked by Japanese tuners. Is that standard on the carbon edition?

Yes it is. The roof and spoiler look great (a la BMW M3/4 - yes, the boot is carbon fibre with an integral spoiler design for the M4, painted in body colour). That would do me, but the dealer said 'highly unlikely' that Lexus would split the option.

Despite being disappointed by the reviews, I'm still waiting for a test drive to make my own mind up. A salesman at Stockport told me a couple of weeks back that most of them were in the country but they were waiting to release them all to dealers at the same time in late Feb. Has anyone else got a specific date?

Stockport are getting a white with red leather. They have to wait until February as its a Europe wide unveiling.

I think a carbon bonnet makes a car look like its been attacked by Japanese tuners. Is that standard on the carbon edition?

Lexus UK have already had a delivery but as all the cars ordered by dealerships have not yet arrived they are not going to release then until the 20th February.

I think if the bonnet and spoiler and carbon not having a carbon bonnet looks daft. It ruins the theme. Having carbon front, middle and back looks great imo. All a matter of personal preference I guess.

Stu

Looks great - thanks for the images Chris. The stark contrast between the silver and carbon is quite catching - would love to see it in real life. Interestingly, looking at a lot of the on-line videos / images, there would appear to be a different option in the US that provides roof and spoiler in carbon only (my preference). Regarding the colour scheme / theme, the painted hood looks integral to the vehicle, and the carbon roof give a more 'squat' appearance - I think it looks really good personally. This is the same concept as employed on the BMW M3/4, where the sun-roof is a 'no-cost exchange' option, with a carbon roof as standard (weight reduction theme / lower centre of gravity).

I'd love to see a Nebula Grey / carbon image if anyone has one?? :phone:

In answer to your question Chris, it wont chip or scratch more than normal paint does.

If you did get a nasty chip in the clear coat, you can have it re-cleared, or painted if you preferred.

They basically remove all of the clear coat, then re-do it.

Not much difference to having it re-painted to be honest. :)

none of us have isfs because they are the best four door super saloon available (for the given age). It isn't. The m3 or c63 are better cars;better ride, better looking etc. However I didn't want to drive one of those as I wanted some understated and rare. ticks those boxes and ill put up the the at times awful ride. Section of m25 near Sevenoaks has the car bobbing up and down like Linda Lovelace (careful googling her boys). still love the car though. The rcf isn't subtle but id still have one! And the reliability of the F is a key point too for me

none of us have isfs because they are the best four door super saloon available (for the given age). It isn't. The m3 or c63 are better cars;better ride, better looking etc. However I didn't want to drive one of those as I wanted some understated and rare. ticks those boxes and ill put up the the at times awful ride. Section of m25 near Sevenoaks has the car bobbing up and down like Linda Lovelace (careful googling her boys). still love the car though. The rcf isn't subtle but id still have one! And the reliability of the F is a key point too for me

Agree about the ride...some roads around where I live make me think the suspension has given up. Once on a nice road though and it all makes sense.

I'm going to give the RCF a test drive once the dealers have them just to compare the normal everyday handling. It seemed fine on a track but then so did the ISF.

I actually bought mine because all round I thought it was better.

Better for me was:

Quieter cruise on the motorway (better than the M3 anyway)

More mpg than both of the others

More reliable

Cheaper insurance.

Standard spec.

I will bow to your knowledge on the day to day handling, though on 19inch wheels are the other cars significantly softer. I haven't driven either of them.

In a strange way that fact that the ISF bobs around reminds me that I am in a car that needs some respect when gunning it. If there was no drama, it would be a bit ordinary and not appealing.

Sorry off topic off!

If the RCF was in my price I would buy it, although a C63 coupe is nice.

hi all good to see you guys at Ascari the other month at the RCF launch.. Lexus did put a fab show for us so thanks Lexus.... getting back to the RCF its a fantastic car i had fun taking it around the track but for me i had more fun in the ISF drifting around the track, as when we git back on the plane to Farmborough, good old Andy from Southampton but the day in to context i think it went something like is (i had so much more fun in the ISF drifting then i did driving the RCF by miles ). so last week i was in the US on business so i went along to the local Lexus shop i had a go again in the RCF for the afternoon did around 100 miles in her.... got back home and my wife said to me colin you getting older your 50 this year and a three door saloon is not right for you... so with that in mind and as my wife is never wrong I cancel my order today,,but i have ordered the new GSF as to me, it looks like my ISF but bigger and man i love that car and its got 4 doors so my wife will be happy... i no you guys will say that an M5 is better but horsepower isn't everything :innocent:

• Like 1

hi all good to see you guys at Ascari the other month at the RCF launch.. Lexus did put a fab show for us so thanks Lexus.... getting back to the RCF its a fantastic car i had fun taking it around the track but for me i had more fun in the ISF drifting around the track, as when we git back on the plane to Farmborough, good old Andy from Southampton but the day in to context i think it went something like is (i had so much more fun in the ISF drifting then i did driving the RCF by miles ). so last week i was in the US on business so i went along to the local Lexus shop i had a go again in the RCF for the afternoon did around 100 miles in her.... got back home and my wife said to me colin you getting older your 50 this year and a three door saloon is not right for you... so with that in mind and as my wife is never wrong I cancel my order today,,but i have ordered the new GSF as to me, it looks like my ISF but bigger and man i love that car and its got 4 doors so my wife will be happy... i no you guys will say that an M5 is better but horsepower isn't everything :innocent:

I still stand by that quote about more fun in the ISF. The RCF felt too nannying for me even with all the aids turned off..whereas the ISF would bite if you tried the same drive and I like that. Got to agree about the GSF it does look good and I will be itching to give that a test drive when the dealers get them.

It was great to meet you Colin and we must do it again sometime..maybe you can show off the GSF at a meet.

Colin I know what your up to

Order RF-C and go on Ascari trip

Cancel RC-F

Order GS-F and go on another Ascari trip

Cancel GS-F

Order LS-F and go on another Ascari trip

Cancel LS-F

Order a M5. Lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Lexus Cheltenham have bought two RC-F's, one in white and another in Blue. Pity they didn't get the Carbon option, but taking one for a test drive this week.

Hedge End Lexus Southampton have sold there rcf already!They will have there other rcf as a demo from march.They have only been allocated one more

until next January! I have booked my isf in march for recall work and hope to be one of the first Test Pilots

to try and tame this awesome BEAST!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links