Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Tyre For 2005 Rx 300?

Tom H

Hi all - the previous owner put a set of Dynastorm 235/55/r18's on my 05 RX 300. By the looks of things they have a good amount of life left. I've never heard of this brand before, so thought I should ask if anyones had experience with them on an RX or other cars? I've always preferred sticking with the bigger brands like Continental.

I'd be keen to hear anyones thoughts as to what is the best tyre for the RX 300. I'm looking for a good all round tyre and preferably one that's as quiet as possible.

Cheers!

Information - "Hero Tyres are manufactured in China by Taiwans largest tyre company, Federal Corporation."

They appear to be a budget brand of the Federal "budget" brand :wacko: make of that what you will..............

If you have the budget I'd change them (especially as winter is almost here) for a set of Dunlop/Continental/Michelin/Goodyear..........you can get where I am going here, yes? ;)

Oponeo website has Dunlos SP 270 sports at £101 delivered or Hankooks at £105-add £10/£15 for your local tyre place for balancing and swopping and jobs a good one.That's for 235 55 18s.

Bridgestone Potenza RE031 - 235/55 R18 99V - £136.99 - Includes Fitting

Black circles thru eBay are doing the above deal which is cheaper than I've managed to get these tyres for a few years, I found them only a few days ago in eBay ( no idea why Black Circles are on eBay but hey !)

These tyres as i understand it, were actually made for the RX 300/350 range designed to run quieter than others, something about softer compound and sidewalls or something, I've always stuck by them as they were original fit on my Rx350,I've always found them okay in all weather and up here in Glasgow ...we get plenty rain, some snow and lots of plain old icy conditions. (tho...im suffering the much talked about wear on the fronts outside edges, despite getting the Laser Alignment done 5k miles ago !)

If you phone a local dealer and quote this brand/make and size, the guys will know without your saying its a Lexus Rx, its been my experience a few times when doing the "will you price match Black Circles bit" to get them fitted quicker than the usual few days wait for BC delivery.

Hope this helps !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links