Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Evening all!

Well its been a long time but im back, ive had 3 IS200's in the past and have always been in love with lexus and the LOC.

I currently have around 10k to spend and i want a nice RX400h SE-L.

Would everyone say this is the best option? I dont really want sky high tax and fuel costs.

Also and this isnt important, back in the day i used to love messing around with the IS200, putting my own stamp on it so to speak, there were literally hundreds of tiny mods that could be done, all of which i found on here. Is the RX similar or is what you buy about the best its gonna get?

• Like 2

Welcome back :)

If running costs are a concern then yes the 400h is the best RX choice.

The RX isn't really the modders car of choice in the UK so not too many things available but I'm sure there are plenty of items to import from the US or Japan. Probably best to keep away from modding the hybrid drivetrain.

Welcome!

10k I guess would be the edge of a decent SE-L - though if mileage is not a problem then surely one can be found.

Make sure to go with a 2007+ one, as it has a newer navigation system with a higher resolution screen - which will even support hooking up and displaying your android device screen on the main nav screen - at least I saw that being available.

Regarding the modding, I am interested too - but not much stuff is in the UK, most of the custom things have to be ordered from either US or Japan - and that adds to the cost.

So far I was looking to modify:

• Headlights - swap into the black ones
  • Pedals
  • Custom shift knob
  • Lip kit - which is difficult to find, as WALD I think have moved to the 450h and not sure if any are available for 400h. I even wrote to the main dealer in UK but got no response.
  • Springs - maybe will change, maybe will not - to lower the car and reduce roll on the corners.

And there's other things that can be changed or tweaked. I find actually even more challenging and interesting because of the scarcity - once you get something very custom, you can be sure the car will be truly unique.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links