Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Purchased a second hand Lexus is 250 this week (2006) United Kingdom

I cannot set parking sensors as per manual because satellite switch only shows speed and tach settings.

Any help please?

Also have trouble locking it. Press lock on fob and it does not lock

Your car may not have the full parking assist sensor system. Do you just have rear sensors, or front ones too?

My car just has rear sensors, which beep as you'd expect, but that's it. And my satellite switch only allows speed and tach settings.

Fob - maybe the Battery is failing - do you have two fobs? Does the other one work? Try replacing the Battery or batteries - CR1625.

You can always just press the button on the door handle (once for normal lock, twice for deadlock). I never use the fob locking function. (But it does work)

Yes - but does it actually have the front sensors? You can see them if it does - little circular things in the bumper - as in the rear (although not all IS250s have them either!)

With John on this one

2007 seems to be a facelift year - mine has the 4 fitted but I have noticed when looking for parts for the car from this year that there are a couple of options especially for parts for the braking system.

Do the pre 2007 models have the reversing camera fitted which links to the rear sensors?

If that's the case and you do have the front and back parking sensors fitted (which is the same as mine) then I have an option for adjusting the range the sensors activate on the main console unit amoungst other sensor settings (through the touchscreen) along with the driving distance sensor you can adjust the settings here.

Not sure what menu its under but its definitely on there (I would go have a look but its raining at the moment ... will get my hair wet !!!)

Have a look through your manual for the option.

It depends on whether the car is a (rare) basic IS250, a SE or a SE-L. Mine is an SE - doesn't have touchscreen, nav, etc and doesn't have front parking sensors. (OK - I know - but less to go wrong! :eerrrmm: )

I don't think there was an actual facelift in 2007 - the main change was to rear brakes - went from solid discs to ventilated - not sure at what VIN. (Fronts of course always ventilated)

It'll be a SE. It should say that in the V5, but I guess you won't have that yet. Anyway, not definitive.

I think you won't have the adjustable parking sensors - just the basic operation ones front and rear. As I said, mine just has the rear ones (it is an SE).

So now just down to the lock function of the fob(s). Let us know how you get on!

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on whether the car is a (rare) basic IS250, a SE or a SE-L. Mine is an SE - doesn't have touchscreen, nav, etc and doesn't have front parking sensors. (OK - I know - but less to go wrong! :eerrrmm: )

I don't think there was an actual facelift in 2007 - the main change was to rear brakes - went from solid discs to ventilated - not sure at what VIN. (Fronts of course always ventilated)

Hi sorry sorry for delay

It is SE (GSE) found small button size toggle switch under dash RHS and this switches front sensors on.

Re locking I have worked this out

Many thanks Stagone

• 2 years later...

I have exactly the same problem as Stagone and would appreciate any advice: 2008 (57) IS 250 SE. Have the sensors (or what looks very much like them!) on the rear bumper only - satellite buttons show only revs and speed indication. They may be automatic but upon reversing against anything - like a wall - nothing happens! Is there a fuse to check, maybe?

I have 2008 SE-L, both front and rear sensors, but without navigation/touchscreen and I have no sensor sensitivity adjustment either. Maybe that is related to navigation then? Other question is it AT or MT?

I was never aware there was IS250 .. full stop. John do you have more details? I though for pre-facelift it was only SE, SE-L and Sport, later SR.

On mine I can adjust sound,distance from my sat Nav touch screen and got sensors back @ front. linus is right only adjust through touch screen 

On my is220d had sensors back and front but couldn't adjust sound,distances had no sat sav. 

My 2010 250 sei with sat nav only has the reverse camera. Even though I have the sensors fitted to the front I only have rear park assistance or maybe I'm missing something . 

Do you have the green light on the bottom right of the instrument cluster lit up?

If you have the front parking sensors, it should alert you when something is close (up to 5mph).  Annoyingly, at least on mine, the sensors don't seem to cover the front bumper straight ahead with only the corners being monitored.

Same for me, few times I have literally touched something with my number plates. There is dead zone in the rear as well, if you parking by the metal rails of certain height sensors doesn't see them..

If my car does have front sensors than they don't work .the green light comes on the dash when activated from the satellite switch but the beeps don't activate no matter how close I park up to an obstacle . 

Actually I've just had a play with the sensors . It's does actually bleep when it detects anything near the front side of the car but nothing directly ahead of the vehicle .  is this normal ? 

Yes, because there are 4 sensors on the back and only 2 in the front (sides). By the way it is typical arrangement on many cars as I guess it is expected that driver should see what is directly in front of the car. 

This is example of my "lucky" park when rear sensors didn't detect the barrier:

20161019_103527.jpg