Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaking Noise After Changing Parts

omeo

Hi guys

I previously had a creaking noise that was bad when breaking turning etc... Bearings and joints were fine. Lexus advised it was due to shock absorbers leaking . But also advised to replace lower control arm bushes as they split and left caliper that was sticking . I added brand new shock absorbers , 2 brand new control arms and a new caliper. Then got it aligned via hunter alignment.

I had no noise but after 400 miles on slight occasions I get a creak when turning at traffic speed.

I'm assuming if these components did not cause the noise initially the noise would of remained.

Could it be the parts bedding in and if so how long does it take?

Hmm.. I might have a similar case. The garage changed front shocks, discs, pads and other bits and bolts. Since then when I reverse from my driveway and take a hard left, I hear a creak from the front wheels. Nothing is affecting the ride and the only time i hear this creacking is right after I pull of from home. Strange.

I lubed up the joints and bushes with silicone and everything was fine. I started to get small creaks when turning at slow speeds However today as I was coming to a stop and turning left I got a loud creak. Parked up and drove off and disappeared. Strange , maybe a stone. I am going to drive again and see. Might relube

This is a common problem with the IS, if you look through the forums you will see you are not alone and it could be any number of things. I'm in a similar position as you. I had my front shock changed as they were leaking. Changed the track rod ends, as the rubber bush were split same with the drop links and changed the lower ball joints as well as the slide pins and bushes in the calipers, but i still have some light creaking and knocking when I go over bumps.

Yeh I see what you mean. I am only getting the noise when I turn my wheel straight after coming to a stop whilst stationary but only after driving for a while . If I turn left it will Creak and as I continue it will then stop and dissappear. If I repeat the same motion straight after the noise does not reappear. Strange .

I did not want to start a new post. I noticed when my car is in my drive and I bounce up and down on the door sil I get a squeaky creaking noise from the right side. I don't get this on the left side . Any ideas???

Both the lower control arms and shock absorbers have been changed