Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Its Time To Say Goodbye To My Lexi

Well after 7 1/2 years its time to say goodbye to my IS200 Sport. Its been a good time, but shes getting old now, and 50 mile per day commute is getting a bit pricey. So I've jumped the petrol ship and gone diesel. We changed my wifes Fiesta diesel to an MX5 last year, so we've been struggling a bit with practicalities, so I decided on an estate, and I've just bought a Honda Accord Tourer Type S in white. The Lexus has been brilliant tho, and I was struggling to find something that could replace it, and I did look at the IS220ds but after driving a couple as loan cars when mine was in for servicing, I just never fell for them. And I definately didn't want to go the generic germans and wanted to stay Jap. My IS has got the TTE kit and Aero wheels so wanted something that looked sharp so that left me looking at Accord with the GT bodykit, but then came across the Type S with the 180bhp diesel, and although faster than my Lex on paper, its not going to sound the same as that straight 6 on full song. The dealer gave me rubbish money for part ex, and I couldn't stand it just going off to auction so trying to sell it privately and hopefully sell it to someone who will love it as much as I have.

So thats it, I'm off, and I never did get to bolt a supercharger to it.

Gareth

Sadly with any ageing car this will come to all of us in time. Like you I am not a fan of the mk2 and the new model is still way out of my price range. I am lucky that mine had only done 65k and I do less than 5k a year so hope to keep it another 5 years or so. Had a civic hatch before the Lexus and it was a good car so probably a good compromise and I will stay Japanese when I do come to that sad day. Good luck with the Accord.

I had a 53 reg Accord tourer 2.2 diesel.

Very handy vehicle, and not bad for an oilburner in terms of refinement.

Almost goes without saying, but no problems at all in my 2 year ownership, which included passing the 100,000 mile mark.

Hope yours serves you as well as mine did.