Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Newbie

Hi all as title says am a noob to the the world of the IS200. Just brought a second hand IS200 SPORT, Yreg 2001,lovely looking car, excellent condition, All standard nowt done to it and am not going to touch it, did that on my 306 gti6,

Have a few questions if that's ok, I want to change head unit, I've seen how to remove standard HU but am a little unsure if this model has the amp unit in glove box area, and if so where abouts on the amp is the lead that needs to have ISO connected to ? Looked on YouTube etc but no joy, also have two sub woofers and a separate amp for them, would these just be hooked up as per normal to HU. Finally would the picture of the grille below fit as a straight swap as I think it looks better ?

Any help on these things been great.

Thanks Darren

post-51915-0-85781300-1416201525_thumb.j

post-51915-0-59744300-1416201535_thumb.j

post-51915-0-52319300-1416201992_thumb.j

eBay for the grill or log onto the facebook group LEXUS IS200 and ask ricky as he only breaks is200's.

better chance with ricky getting the same colour too!

yes the amp is under the glove box on the footwell wall, think theres 3 8/10mm nuts to remove, the amp dosnt have to come out and the connection is at the back, its abitch of a job to do but do-able, then feed the cable upbehind the glove box to the hu site, dont forget to tape the sides of the centre console to avoid any scratching getting the hu in and out!!!!!!

Any questions just ask.

Thanks Jomo that's a great help picking it up today, so just preparing myself, want to get it right first time, also been looking at get a rad panel cover thing for cold air feed but no luck finding somewhere that sales them ( see pic the red part )

post-51915-0-66031800-1416656265_thumb.j

Yeah they come up for sale every so often, just keep your eye out for them as they go fast!.

Like i said Ricky is your best first call for used parts as he's got loads of is200 breaking all the time and he finds lots of goodies on them too!!!!

10710970_936125236402301_879885457307885

Hi again sorry to be a pain, but can any one tell what part this on the engine, has the VVTi on, as one on mine is knackered has perished by oil cap, also to remove front interior light is it just a case of prising out no screws involved as bulb blown thanks again, must say I ain't stopped grinning since I've drove it, my other car was a 306 GTi 6 that made me smile but this is something else, I love it so smooth to drive pulls nice through gears

post-51915-0-09898200-1416878428_thumb.j

Me 15 mins after picking it up on Saturday

post-51915-0-59262200-1416878913_thumb.j

Am thinking of changing the head unit, have found the AMP looked at where all bolts etc are to remove head unit and heater controls, this is not the problem. I've seen on so popular auction site that thee are kits for after market head units that come with all the facia plates and the ISO conector, now here's where I am getting confused as a few of the sellers are saying that there are two types of conector from the AMP ( small and a large ??) don't know if this is the case just putting the feelers out to see of this is true before I go and but wrong one and have to send back and before I pull conector off of AMP and not be able to put back on. Any help be great thanks

Hi mate, nice looking car. The cylinder head cover no2, best to get from a breakers are they are ridiculous money from Lexus, last time I got a price it was £120 + VAT. Picked one up from a breakers for £40. But its a pain as mine has started to perish again, but its still alot better than my old one. What does the rad panel cover do and how would you access the rad if you needed to top it up or check it?