Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I own a 2003 '53' LS430 and the interior switch for opening the boot does not work - I am either having to use the metal key itself to open the boot or switch the car off and use the remote key fob.

It's annoying to say the least. The button for opening the fuel filler works fine but the button for opening the boot isn't working.

Any ideas on what the issue might be ?

Thanks in advance for any help on this one

The 400 had a facility for switching off the remote boot release button; the 460 has one also.

I presume the 430 is the same. I don't suppose it's possible that you have somehow disabled that.

The 400 had a facility for switching off the remote boot release button; the 460 has one also.

I presume the 430 is the same. I don't suppose it's possible that you have somehow disabled that.

I have checked the manual and it does mention a locking / unlocking facility and a inserting a key into a lock which sits in between the fuel filler release and the boot opening but it says this function operates both. The fuel filler release works fine (I am aware of the manual release mechanism which is in the boot, similar to the LS400).

It might be that the boot release button or a part of the release mechanism has failed but I have no ideas where / how to go about finding it

Nach i can only suggest double checking the barrel between the fuel cap release and boot release is fully disengaged i.e out.

Also the boot also has a button to open it providing you have the key in your pocket

hope this helps

Nach i can only suggest double checking the barrel between the fuel cap release and boot release is fully disengaged i.e out.

Also the boot also has a button to open it providing you have the key in your pocket

hope this helps

Thanks for your post Mark - I will need to double check the barrel in between the fuel cap and boot release. The fuel filler release does work so I assume the barrel is in the out position.

The smart keys both work fine but I thought you had to use the fob to open the boot - I'm not sure which button on the boot you are referring to. A bit more info would be helpful here please.

Cheers

Nach

hi

the button is well hidden away - best way i can tell you without a picture is its above the last letter of the numberplate - you might have to sit down and look under the lip (above the numberplate) to see it

My car is a 2003 '53' Facelifted version of the car - will have a look later this week when I return home.

Thanks again for the replies

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links