Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coolant Level On Is220D

This morning was very cold and below 1 degree's C outside temperature, I did a quick inspection under the hood before i started the car.I noticed my coolant level but i can not quiet workout the low & full level. if i look at it from one corner where the markings are then coolant is just above low mark but if looking at it the opposit side and if i follow the full line across the bottle it seems ok. I've taken some photo's of the expansion bottle from both angles i hope someone could shed some light on this. The vehicle is parked on the road and is pretty much level ground.

Please click on images to open in full resolution.

post-48710-0-83855200-1416949419_thumb.j

post-48710-0-61412100-1416949424_thumb.j

post-48710-0-67566700-1416949427_thumb.j

post-48710-0-62816600-1416949431_thumb.j

post-48710-0-13084600-1416949434_thumb.j

i was under the impression these wouldn't need topping up since they're pressurised closed system. Car hasn't overheated nor has temp needle moved to high when i drove down from birmingham on sunday evening.I will top it up in the morning and take it for a drive and see if its loosing or spraying coolant on the engine bay. I just pray to GOD it isn't the Head Gasket again!!. I've only done less than 5k miles which are all motorway mileage since engine replacement which was done last year November 2013.

Thanks Darren for your help. I've left the car with Lexus this morning to have the Head Gasket checked so hopefully will find out what exactly was the cause of loss of coolant. I Will update tomorrow once they give me a call with more information.

Thanks again