Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Do The Various Indicator Flashes Mean

I thought I understood what the various number of flashes that you get when remote locking but noticed recently that I am getting five flashes at times.

I seem to have a very sensitive alarm which is affected by certain wireless networks in particular BT's as I found to my frustration a while ago where I used to park my car on my way to work.

My understanding is that one press of the remote sets the alarm/immobiliser and gives one flash of the indicators. To disable the alarm siren you press the lock button again and you get four flashes on the indicators. This has been working well for me with no annoying notes on the car advising me to park elsewhere as my car alarm keeps going off.

In the last couple of days I have noticed that when I lock and press the lock button again as I have been doing for a while now I get five flashes of the indicators. I am now a little confused as to what this might be indicating.

I can't see any reference in my owners manual, does anyone know what the number of flashes of the indicators when remote locking actually mean?

I had similar issues with alarm, at work and when parking around the corner from my house.

What I did find was that a Battery problem was making it worse, and since new Battery no issues.

The other thing I discovered was putting metal object (such as pen knife) in the centre console seemed to make the problem occur all the time at work, and once I kept the metal stuff in the glove box no more problems.

I never bothered disabling the sensors, but just manually lock the car, which means the rocker sensors etc are not armed,

To be honest there are still the odd times for no reason the alarm goes off, and I assume someone somewhere is blasting out a stronger wifi signal.

I think with the new Beam Forming WiFi systems coming into use in office buildings, we may see a few more LS400's going off.

Hi, well, my car just sounds off for no good reason at all, usually in searingily hot weather ( but not exclusively tho',)

I've done all the removing objects from the centre consoles, glove box etc stuff too.

Leaving a window a tad not fully closed seems to help and doesn't stop the car doors locking.

And for whatever reason I have NEVER been blessed with the indicator lights winking at me when remote locking the car !

I can live with it and don't often get stressed over it, knowingly that nothing is perfect in life ............... not even my Ls400

Malc

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links