Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Amazing condition for nigh on 900,000 miles. I also wondered if the driver's seat is original. Could be though, the colour of the leather matches exactly. What an incredible example of Lexus engineering.

• Like 1

I suspect that there's lots not original and having been replaced renewed................. except probably the drivetrain stuff

Just fair wear and tear and general maintenance no doubt.

I would buy it ..... is it located anywhere near Route 66 ???

does anyone know ?

Malc

Route 66 went from Los Angeles to Chicago. Very little of the original is left but there are some good stretches in California, Arizona and New Mexico.

I was fortunate to drive quite a bit of the western part this summer. Not in a Lexus but in a 32' Motorhome.

The Route goes nowhere near Florida, I'm afraid.

This is a great site: www.historic66.com

Thanks ...... I watched the World's Greatest Motorbike Journeys ??? tv 3 parter recently on Quest or summat like that ..............................

Thinking of doing that next year maybe, Route 66 that is ........... .. would like to do it in a Ls400 if possible.......... doesn't seem as though it's likely I'll be taking my own Ls400 to Argentina for the trip I would really like to do ................ well, and getting it back to the UK anyway.

Malc

Argentina sounds like an incredible trip. How are you getting your 400 there.......by boat?

Some parts of Route 66 are in a pretty bad condition, but could be done in a Lexus. There were bits we couldn't do.......but only because the twists and turns were very narrow.

Easy peasy to get it to Buenos Aires ( ship container ) but there's zilch likelihood of getting it back to the UK easily ............. Argentina world trade has dropped off the cliff !!!

Also the protocol with bureaucracy to achieve my car entrance into Argentina is a nightmare ............. not helped it might seem with dopey Clarkson's antics down south recently.

The 10,000mile probable round trip thru' Argentia, up to Iguaassu, round, down to Tierra del Fuego and back again to BA will be stupendous, would be my 3rd tourist trip there ...... beautiful country, just need to do it in my Lexus really now at my age ... think the car's got slightly less arthritis than me :whistling:

So Route 66 seems to be the likely option tbh. ............. fingers xd

Malc

• Like 1

Malc,

I hope you get round to doing that trip. If you do, please do a blog so we can follow your adventures.

Like you, I'm starting to feel my joints a bit. I retired last year and this year my wife and I did our 'trip of a lifetime'..........we spent 6 months driving around the USA in big motorhome. We started in San Francisco and finished, 13,500 miles later, in Miami.

You only live once - go for it.

Malc,

I hope you get round to doing that trip. If you do, please do a blog so we can follow your adventures.

Like you, I'm starting to feel my joints a bit. I retired last year and this year my wife and I did our 'trip of a lifetime'..........we spent 6 months driving around the USA in big motorhome. We started in San Francisco and finished, 13,500 miles later, in Miami.

You only live once - go for it.

Brilliant, I have always wanted to do that. I have had my fill of flying and cant even stand a 2hour flight to southern Spain, I am hoping to persuade my other half that taking Lexie across the channel is a good idea. We have several friends who live in Southern France and Northern Spain. Mike

Lexii are great for Grand Touring, Europe seemed easy ( not maybe in the snow and ice tho') when I did my 6000 mile trip this last spring.

Life is for living and Ls400s are for touring, and we are blessed with having the finest armchair comfort on 4 wheels.

Malc

Malc,

When we were in New Mexico, we met a couple (mid-60s) who lived in San Diego. Their daughter and grandkids live in New York.

Twice a year they drive there and back in their 1994? LS 400................just for fun.

They've owned it since new,

post-45122-0-25322700-1417335309_thumb.j

Astute indeed.

And as all LS owners know, a wonderfully comfortable place to be.

They also owned a large luxury SUV but preferred to use the Lexus for long journeys...............of course.

• Like 1

Now it wasn't me who worked this out, but. Taking into account current US fuel prices, this car would have munched its way through £80,000 worth of fuel. In the good old UK £195,000..... apparently!

• Like 1

The fact it as had a respray dictates it as had a upholstery job including a new steering wheel .There is little of that car that is original.

Looks corporate owned from the mileage( 50k annualy) and no expense spared in keeping its stature somewhere in a company .

The things that have kept any Lexus of that stature being achieved in the UK is our climate and the bloody awful roads.

Totally agree.........on my frequent trips back to the UK, the first thing I notice is the state of the roads. The second thing is the litter!

BTW, I'm going to be in Scotland for two weeks over Christmas - mainly in the Loch Lomond and Aviemore areas - so if you see a silver 460 with Dutch plates, give me a wave :)

Yes Brian

I could actually meet up with you as I live a wave away from Loch Lomond but I will be in Florida for my annual 3 month American experience.

Enjoy the Scottish hospitality and have a safe trip.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links