Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All! New Is200 Owner From N.i

lythe85

Hello!

From the north coast or Northern Ireland!

These cars are getting more popular over here now what with the Lsd and lack of sierras lol.

Nice site! I hope I learn a lot!

Mine is an 01 se model, but seems to have a clatter of sport goodies which I can't distinguish what it might have come with and what someone has added...

Super lowwwz

Nice wheels

Tinted glass

Darker front and rear lights

Sport grille

Drilled and grooved discs

Lsd

Traction and snow

Lip spoiler

Electric seats

Uprated ( I think) speakers

Decat exhaust

Things to do:

Buff it senseless

Replace tank ( over half way makes it weep from seam above prop)

Replace a few unhappy looking studs on hubs

Secure exhaust better/change back box

Replace squeaky steering joint

Waxoil

Pic as I got it

post-52051-0-37414300-1417308016_thumb.j

I've only had it a week, but what one done so far is remove the rs(ford part) badge that was beside the 200 part, remove the 200 and the Lexus badge, remove the sticker on back window, remove the ignorant reversing camera, tidy up the way the homemade induction kit was connected, remove the old airbox ducting from under bonnet, remove the yellow film on fogs and red on rear lights, fit a CD player, replace interior bulbs and gave it a good tight clean! oh and knock the wiper down a bit so it sits neat!

And as it sits now

post-52051-0-74889100-1417308081_thumb.j

post-52051-0-16150000-1417308130_thumb.j

Any comments or advice greatly appreciated!

Anyone know where does a tidy hydro handbrake for one?

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

140 views and only 2 comments??

Are people not too friendly on here ?

It's a mystery to me, surely it's just common courtesy to welcome new members. Now if you had posted an article about someone painting an LS400 pink with orange spots, you'd be off the scale!

Enjoy your car, and there is good info available on this forum.

Phil

Few pics of the beading from 2 polishes and 2 waxes ( as previously unpolished for a long time)

post-52051-0-88020200-1417471383_thumb.j

post-52051-0-13657900-1417471427_thumb.j

And one of @underbro26 is200 sport getting the headlight treatment from megs headlight lenses repair

post-52051-0-69761000-1417471467_thumb.j

Car will still be getting buffed and stone chips sorted soon as I'm still not quite happy with the finish!

Is Lexus paint generally pretty thick or thin?

I didn't read the text at first, I thought you'd cut the black paint back to the primer! Nice job, and I think to answer your question, I'm sure others would agree if I say the original Lexus paint finish is of excellent quality and can take a bit of elbow work.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...that is an awesome example of an IS. Well done and congrats on the purchase.

Those wheels suit the car perfectly. I have been looking for an 18 inch wheel for my car and have found nothing which I think looks better than the stock alloys. Besides, it's a bit blasphemous to change the original (iconic!) wheels I think.

Your wheels however, really do the lines of the car justice and whoever fitted them really has taste! Good work .....enjoy driving her!

I have the same spoiler on my car (painted mine piano black)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Hoodrich!

Not much development over the past wee while, 2 new front tyres and 2 ruined wheel studs that the last owner never informed me about, so in the next few days I will be doing a few things

1) into the garage, wet vac seats, put heater through window

2) remove wheels and superclean inside

3) remove discs and paint drum part and calipers

4) change any studs

5) put new wheel nuts on

6) put new seat covers on

7 ) have a cup of tea

• Like 2

Well, yesterday I managed to replace the damaged studs and clean the inside of the wheels, turns out there was 5 wheel studs I wasn't happy with... And I put all my new wheel nuts on.

Also cleaned the seats and put my new covers on!

Once I get a break in the weather I'll go to town on the discs and some more detailing

• Like 1

Very nice car m8...Just got my IS200 today but its needs a new wing and bumper...After that then i will detail it and post some photos...But I am also from N.Ireland, Newtownards/Bangor direction.

Is urs the burnt orange colour like the one above I did the lights on?? If so I think there was someone breaking that colour on Derry buy sell swap cars on Facebook if ur stuck

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links