Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Question

w77

Hi, just traded my lovely IS200 to a lower mileage 2005 IS300LE. It feels more solid and smoother/quieter than my 200. Lovely to drive on the motorway and petrol consumption is not much different.

I thought all LE models come in light grey colour but mine is silver. Are the later model platinum ice silver darker than the early ones, it's more like the silver in other Toyota cars. I've just checked the timing belt and it's a Mitsuba brand, is that a standard one or is it supposed to be a toyota brand?

The belt on my old RX300 was Mitsuboshi but it also had Toyota on it and the Toyota part code. I'd say that isn't a genuine belt.

What is the paint code on the VIN plate? The LE came in Kodiak Sky dark sliver when it launched in 2003 and I don't think it changed, it is darker than platinum ice.

Thanks Colin. That's what I thought as well, all LE 200s and 300s I've seen are the kodiac Skye one. The paint code is 1CO/LE20 which is the platinum ice as well I think. Although I haven't compared them side by side, for me it looks a bit darker, more on the beige side. I've seen one advertised on autotrader which was a silver IS200LE 2005 model aswell.