Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

I picked my Lexus up on Saturday and so far i absolutely love it. Its my first V8 as well so enjoying the rumble!

I have noticed a couple of issues that i would like to sort out, if anyone can help -

1. No light comes on when I press the ECT/PWR button. Where should the light be on the dash? I know its a green one. Should i notice much difference in gear changes with it pressed? If it is just the dash bulbs, do you know what model they are so i can buy some replacments?
  2. The lights behind the ETC/PWR, Heated seats and VSC buttons are not working at all when the headlights are on. I beleive they should be a dim green? Does anyone know the bulb model so i can buy some new ones or maybe even replace with some LED's.
  3. The guy i bought the car off had the gearbox replaced with a refurbed GS300 box and he said there is a little leak coming from that area every now and again. I havent had a chance to check under the car since i have had it. Are there any common gearbox leakage areas to look out for? Is it OK to use the GS300 gearbox on a GS430? The car seems to drive fine with it...

Thanks for any help!

Hi Alex. If the ECT button isn't working and isn't lighting up then it may just have been disconnected.

Whilst the GS300 and GS430 has the same fundemental gearbox there are differences. The 430 transmission has a higher number of discs in the clutches and brakes, the gears are strengthened to handle the extra power and the solenoid valve is a different design, optimised to match the output characteristics of the engine. Whilst you will probably be okay the long term reliability may be questionable, especially if you like to use all the power of the engine.

Hi Alex. If the ECT button isn't working and isn't lighting up then it may just have been disconnected.

Whilst the GS300 and GS430 has the same fundemental gearbox there are differences. The 430 transmission has a higher number of discs in the clutches and brakes, the gears are strengthened to handle the extra power and the solenoid valve is a different design, optimised to match the output characteristics of the engine. Whilst you will probably be okay the long term reliability may be questionable, especially if you like to use all the power of the engine.

Thanks Colin, That's annoying.

Lets hope it is OK then. I will take the gearbox surround off and take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links