Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prospective Buyer Saying Hello

Oily

Hello!

Just joined to search for info/buyers guide on a IS250 auto.Trying to find one that ticks all the boxes is proving very hard!

I've put a wanted ad up and hopefully I'll get some response :)

Cheers

Darren

• Like 1

Good evening everyone,

I am in a similar position to Oily except I am looking for an IS200

There maybe one I have found but were it not for the comprehensive list of areas to look at thankfully provided on the forum I would have been going in blind.

The car is over 10 years old with a mileage of 50.000. The owner had confirmed it will need a new timing belt and is looking for around £2500.

Not knowing what good looks like is my greatest concern but if the forum tips are all ok what should I be paying for a car of this age.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Regards

Dave

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Is it the IS250 that has a large difference in road tax between automatic and manual transmissions?

Thanks Steve,yes the auto has lower emissions than the manual but was in the same tax band until March 2006 where after this they nearly doubled the tax on the manual due to it's 'iffy' emissions(read cash cow)

Trouble I'm having is finding a SE-L in the right colour, with black leather,sat nav and doesn't have the 'imitation wood' trim surrounds although I'm tempted if I end up buying one with them just to vinyl wrap them in some carbon I have.

To the best of my knowledge, all SE-Ls have the "wood" trim to the doors and centre console.

Thanks but I've had a change of plan,just read up on the towing capacity of the car and it's not enough,having to look for something else :(