Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good Quick Review

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I own an M4 and have done so for a few months now. I've also owned an IS-F, V8 M3 and Alpina B3s BiTurbo amongst others. The RCF has just landed at my local Lexus dealership and I've received my invitation to arrange a test drive; I've been waiting for this for sooooooo long :)

I'll post my thoughts at the earliest opportunity...

TTFN - Mark.

That looks fantastic. I went for a test drive today (same colour as yours / grey leather / TVD / ML) only to find a guy who'd gone in to sign for his new IS saw it, drove it and bought it there and then!!

So, Lexus Derby managed to rustle-up a demo vehicle from the team nearby in Nottingham (white / red leather / sun roof / ML / no TVD :()

First thoughts were how good it looked in the metal. Drove the car for sometime and came to a few conclusions:

1. It's daft comparing this with an M4. One is a track car you can drive on the road, and the other is a road car you could hoon around on a track with, should you wish to do so.

2. RCF incredibly well mannered, a wonderful environment.

3. Engine note - a great sound-track. Better than the more synthesized offering in the M4, but don't get me wrong, the M4 sounds very good too, but there's 'something else' in the RCF soundtrack.

4. Transmission not as immediate as the M4, and had a tendency to need to change-down when acceleration was required. The M4 with all it's torque rarely does this unless you're flooring it. I wouldn't class it as an issue or annoyance, because at the same time it drops you straight into that lovely, evolving soundtrack of the V8 (serious emotional quality here).

5. Lovely, compliant ride. Not fidgety at all. Actually nice not to have to decide what suspension setting you'd like; you get what you get, and it's good.

6. Golf clubs and trolley fit without removing anything from the bag; it's 3 wood and driver out in the M4, and when it's raining out there...well, it's not a deal clincher, but it's certainly nice to just open the boot, load the gear and away without any messing about.

So in summary, a more than credible alternative to a number of vehicles around the price-mark, including my M4...