Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H Retrofit Memory Function To Seats?

Hello

Recently bought a nice RX400h. Made a slight slip up during the viewing in that I noticed it had electric seats so assumed they were memory ones, but they are not. In hindsight, it wasn't described as having them (or several other options it DOES have), so entirely my fault for not checking.

My previous car (nearly 15 years old now) has electric memory seats, and i'd heard that Lexus was well known for coming with nearly everything as standard spec, so wrongly assumed that if they were electric they must also be memory enabled.

(Lexus has the satnav/camera and ML audio options, on top of its trim level spec).

Anyway, we're considering going from a 2-car to a 1-car household next year, and my partner and I have very different driving positions, so I was wondering if it is possible to retrofit/enable the memory function somehow as this would be very handy to have.

Obviously it will need new switches (since purchase i've found out that the memory buttons would be on the door handle if it had them - so would have been easy to spot if I knew where I was looking beforehand!). What else would need doing and how much is it likely to cost?

I expect this either needs a module of some kind, or maybe just enabling in software within the car computer (ECU?) once the new buttons are wired in. Oh, and is the wiring harness likely to be already there or will it need a different one pulling through (somehow).

Aside from this the car is brilliant (and well looked after) so I don't think i'd go as far as selling it anytime soon and buying one with the 'correct' spec - although I realise that is one possible solution to this 1st world problem...

Cheers

Hi Roger

This is very difficult to do. The switch gear and seat position ECU would be needed but also all the sensors fitted into the seat frames and mirrors to detect the positions - I'm not sure these can be retrofitted so you are talking about replacing the seats and mirrors and probably performing some wiring too.

Hi Colin.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I hadn't thought about the seat needing more bits also, good point. I think based on that it is definitely too big (and costly) a job to do so i'll leave it as-is.

At least I know where the memory buttons belong for when I trade up in future!

Cheers

Roger