Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Changed. Are The Nuts Missing From The Resonator Bolts

omeo

I had my exhaust rear and central silencer replaced. I have attached an image. Are the resonator spring bolts missing nuts at the end or is this normal set up??? I can see a flat head at the top of the threaded bolt on the other side of the plate which seems to secure the bolt thread in to the plate. It seems really solid and there's no movement at all.

Thanks

post-46742-0-61392900-1418939439_thumb.j

He was a mechanic .

I spoke to 2 lexus parts departments . The exhaust i have is very similiar to the oem design . They advised that the oem bolts which I'm using to connect the rear and centre are captive nut. They are designed to thread into the phlanj plate. They advised even an oem nut does not exist.

Yeah, Just had a look at my new pattern exhaust that is waiting for me to fit, the flange is threaded with no captive nuts welded on.. It is satisfactory but I shall fit a couple of new nuts and washers to spread the load when I get round to fitting it. The old exhaust has nuts.....Or blobs of rust

Weird design compared to other manufacturers but seems sturdy. I see how it goes just might later add some nuts and washers if I feel there is an issue. Remember to use a thread lock . Thanks for all your help guys.