Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First day of the holiday for me so cleaned our cars. I'm constantly amazed at the quality of the materials in the LS400 (carpets, leather, metalwork, etc) and they come up brilliantly with minimal work. I'm no professional valeter (as you will be able to tell) but a quick clean (no polish today) inside and out and she was looking a lot better!

ls400_1.jpg

ls400_2.jpg

ls400_3.jpg

ls400_4.jpg

Your car looks tasty. Very nice indeed!!!!!

Thanks. There are a few bits that need sorting on it but I'm getting round to those slowly. Basic car is in excellent shape though and I'm very happy with it.

She looks great inside and out. Great purchase. Happy Lexus Christmas. Mike.

Thanks Mike, just drying the mats now before the Mrs takes her friends for a night out in it! Will be the first time she has driven it. I've got the job of dropping my son and his drum kit off for his pub gig.

• Like 1

She looks great inside and out. Great purchase. Happy Lexus Christmas. Mike.

Thanks Mike, just drying the mats now before the Mrs takes her friends for a night out in it! Will be the first time she has driven it. I've got the job of dropping my son and his drum kit off for his pub gig.

Brilliant what sort of music is he into? Mike.

His main interest is big band stuff. He's got a place to study at the Royal Northern College of Music in September on their jazz undergraduate programme. Tonight he is playing in a covers band. The life of a jobbing drummer!

His main interest is big band stuff. He's got a place to study at the Royal Northern College of Music in September on their jazz undergraduate programme. Tonight he is playing in a covers band. The life of a jobbing drummer!

Fantastic. Session work isnt always musically fullfilling but it pays the rent. I wish him all success with the undergraduate course. Jazz drummers are always hard to get hold of, I had a great jazz drummer for many years, Julian Bown whos dad was Alan Bown from the John Barry Seven and later The Alan Bown set. Sadly Alan died earlier this week. Julian is a great drummer with lots of feel that cant be taught its either in you or it isnt. have a great gig tonight. Hope the roadie is getting paid. Mike

I wish! Fortunately, it is only in Nantwich so I shall drop him off, come back for a bit and catch the final set. Sorry to hear about the loss of Alan. Josh has a great teacher in Manchester called Dave Hassall who is a bit of legend in the jazz drumming world too.

• Like 1

Lovely looking when all spick & span, I did mine about 4 weeks ago, and now looks like it has been to Kabul and back with the usual winter weather.

I am always amazed at how they keep their looks, especially the interior, especially as my LS is an every day car with passengers (well teenage kids) who have helped wreck previous interiors, but the not the LS.

Jonathan - you are SO right about the quality of these LS400s.

Apart from 1 or 2 minor marks on my leather seats, when I got my car valeted last year you would not have guessed the car had covered over 230k miles

Even after 15 years, the wood trim was still shiny, the plastics still look as good as new and there were no rattles or creaks of any kind from inside.

Mechanically, my car was always well sorted and I have had plenty of garages react with disbelief at the age and mileage of these cars even when compared to the likes of Audi, BMW and Mercedes.

My LS430 is providing me with a similar sense of occasion too - probably another reason why I was so keen to get back into the fold

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links