Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Engine

car perfection

hi all

well story starts like about 3 mouths ago i got my 2nd is 200 02 reg in jet black and payed only £750 for the car , run great but the body work was pants , so after two weeks in my unit i repainted the wheels give the bodywork a full sand down and mop and polish , brand new body kit and tinted the window . and the car looked mint and drove great i was well happy , then wednesday night my cam belt broke ( dam ) put a new cam belt kit on it but the engine is gone . so looking for a new engine .

so if you can tell me where may be the best place to find an engine code 1g-fe

thanks wayne

That sounds reasonable to me if the condition and mileage are warranted,does that include delvery as it may be another £50.00 for a pallet courier?

Had the cam belt been chewed down to around 1/2 inch wide by any chance before it broke?

Also if the engine you buy has no definite record of a belt change do it before fitting along with all the idlers pulleys and water pump,the last thing you want is a repeat.

Other option u got is get same engine rebuilt @ maybe it will work out cheaper then it will b a 0 meter engine they can salvage parts @ only replace what's needed plus u know engine that 1 could have problems aswell find out price to get a engine rebuilt I personally would get it rebuilt as it will b a brand new engine.Labour is gonna b same to replace it keep us posted

That sounds reasonable to me if the condition and mileage are warranted,does that include delvery as it may be another £50.00 for a pallet courier?

Had the cam belt been chewed down to around 1/2 inch wide by any chance before it broke?

Also if the engine you buy has no definite record of a belt change do it before fitting along with all the idlers pulleys and water pump,the last thing you want is a repeat.

yes mate the belt was about half the size it needed to be but it was one of the rollers that had broke and bent to one side so the belt jumped off . i was doing about 20/30 miles per hour when it whent . but got compresson on the engine at all when we fitted the new cam belt kit

Other option u got is get same engine rebuilt @ maybe it will work out cheaper then it will b a 0 meter engine they can salvage parts @ only replace what's needed plus u know engine that 1 could have problems aswell find out price to get a engine rebuilt I personally would get it rebuilt as it will b a brand new engine.Labour is gonna b same to replace it keep us posted

bin told i can only get the vales from lexus @ £16 per vale with having them resitted and head tested will cost me about £150 new seal kit about £120 the cam belt kit i got waas £106 inkvat then i may as well do the clutch at the same time to get rid of that judder there is £96 plus vat and then i got all the labor cost , so i may be looking around £800 to £1000 all in job done

The other consideration is whether there is also piston top damage or even bore damage if the valve heads have broken off which you won't know until the head is off or even damage to the camshaft components.