Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bu**er. Just as I thought,they don't fit. Supplied lenses have four little gaps to receive the bulb holder, which has only three 'tangs' to go in the gaps. I've contacted them,but don't hold out much hope,so I've ordered a used one on fleabay.

when I got mine I put my reg in on the site and it said they were compatible with my car

So did I. The seller has refunded my money and I get to keep the lenses too. They are convinced that they sent the right lenses,but three into four won't go. The bulb holders fit the original lenses fine. Hmmm...........

Indeed,tried fitting mine and my mk3 has three tangs on the bulb holder,contacted seller and they have given me full refund,and keep the items,so out with the dremmel 2morrow as 2 of the tangs line up,and also need fettling on the top edge as the hole in the wing is not a full rectangle.

Im sure i saw somewhere that MR2 mk1 was the same,but never actually seen any to confirm.

• Like 1

Hi.

Its longtime no contact from me. I have been unwell for ages but feel a bit better now.

The MK3 side repeaters are identical to the early MR2 which makes them easy to obtain. I have them. Dont forget the orange bulbs.

Cheers Steve,must be these then ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-1-91-SIDE-REPEATER-INDICATOR-CRYSTAL-CLEAR-/400375352479?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AMR+2&hash=item5d383b0c9f

Hi.

Its longtime no contact from me. I have been unwell for ages but feel a bit better now.

The MK3 side repeaters are identical to the early MR2 which makes them easy to obtain. I have them. Dont forget the orange bulbs.

Cheers Steve,must be these then ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-1-91-SIDE-REPEATER-INDICATOR-CRYSTAL-CLEAR-/400375352479?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model:MR+2&hash=item5d383b0c9f
There the ones

If anyone wants the 4 slot mk4 ones i will send um on for cost of postage :)

Oh,Oh! me, me I would like to have them if no-one else has bagged them...

Actually, I've just gone out and looked (snowing here) and I've GOT clear ones, but thanks anyway!

Slightly off topic (with apols)

i've just purchased some clear front indicator lights from USA - s/h cost £50 delivered UK.

Looking forward to seeing fitted - eventually. Yet to fit my side clear indicators - waiting on the guy selling the same colour LS400 who seems unwilling to break even though advertising as breaking. Would like his front wing. The jobs are piling up! This time of the year no incentive to mess around as not garaged.

i've just purchased some clear front indicator lights from USA - s/h cost £50 delivered UK.

Looking forward to seeing fitted - eventually. Yet to fit my side clear indicators - waiting on the guy selling the same colour LS400 who seems unwilling to break even though advertising as breaking. Would like his front wing. The jobs are piling up! This time of the year no incentive to mess around as not garaged.

What site did you use for the front clear indicators mate ?

What site did you use for the front clear indicators mate ?

e b a y dot com as often glance at site to see whats for sale. If only I could get a RHD Climate screen for the price they sell LHD ones I'd buy one, but much more expensive. I may have been lucky as clear indicators are quoted as 95 dllrs shipping normally.

Ok,got the MR2 Mk1 clear side repeaters,still not right but closer than the mk4 ls400 ones.

I dremeled out the slots a little and the bulb holder fits now,but not impressed with the clip that holds the unit to the wing.although fitted now as i will not be beaten :whistling:

mk4 ls400 on the left,MR2 middle and mk3 ls400 on the right

IMG-3282.jpg

Thanks for photo of green Lexus - almost the same but my car being an earlier model I have a larger side indicator part. Not sure why they got rid of the crease that runs the full length of earlier cars along the side. Not sure it improved the looks, but beauty as they say.....

• 1 month later...

Side Repeaters. Sat around for nearly eight months so I started the job.

Credit Card against the headlight side and then screw driver into rubber and out it pops no need to get behind wheel arch.

Side repeater bulb holder has four holes and only three tangs (had forgotten this thread - anno domini) so thought I'd be able to get away with just filing/extending certain slots. OK can fit bulb holder but it wont turn and lock, so I've taped it on to the unit as it doesn't get any wind or crud on it hidden under the mud guard.

Then I find (having gone out in the dark) the damn thing could be marginally wider than the original (even after removing tape and only taping lengthways, and also see that there are "corners" on the unit and strengthening walls which would make the hole need be much larger.

Decided to file off part of the corner posts and the strengthening walls down near rubber. Nothing to watch on TV so did this and will see if it fits tomorrow. . If not won't bother with them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links