Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Important Announcement

Guest The Committee

no mate

i want to put it clear to everyone

WE ARE NOT ASKING PEOPLE NOT TO USE OTHER SITES!!!!

We are not mad!!!

Basically mate a few members decided to run another site in competition with LOC. This includes running a name of LOC too! With this they are using it to back stab many members and sponsors of the website.

This was a threat to everyone here.. yes even you reading this!

So to protect our members and future members we have made drastic actions to resolve this by banning a few members and asking our original members to choose which club they would like to participate in.

These actions are in big denial..

LOC is secure as long as everyone supports it...

A statement is due soon!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if thats the case then good ridance.

Hope I didn't get dissed, I know I can annoy sometimes but I would like to be seen as a nice helpful bloke!!

Shocking, absolutely shocking. Club is better off without people ripping this place off and people to shreds like that.

Dj

you have gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick mate.

Basically there is a specific site which members were also using, which was setup as an unmoderated version of loc where we could chat about any old BS. This site was setup by members who were unhappy with what was classes as "tight" modding here, and was used by a number of us to basically post jokes and post other stuff, other members of the site were subsequently banned here after some things that happened (I am sure it will be announced shortly) and LOC took the step of asking people to discontinue their association with either site, this has been done by several users thus far.

It has only affected a couple of users in the whole scheme of things and the reasons they started to post on the other site, ie an unmoderated forum have been resolved by the LOC and so there is little value in using the other site other than to communicate with said banned members of LOC.

The reasons they were banned are between LOC and the members and I think this will be explained fully in a statement which is pending.

I do know the other site was sailing close to the wind with certain viewpoints aimed at members and moderators here on LOC and I can understand why LOC have asked its members to desist posting on there. I do hope that both sites do find a way to co-exist as the people on the other site are very nice chaps afterall as are the people here at LOC.

I cant go into more depth as I dont know the whole story around the reasons people were banned.

I hope this helps mate as I was in a similar situation to yourself yesterday.

Also I still bloomin cant get into the goldie thread .......

Thanks, now I understand - oh well, if they have nothing better to do than slag off other people in public then I don't envy their life much!

Thanks for clearing this up - I feel all warm inside again! :ph34r: :D

:D

I must admit, I now feel all warm and happy after some of the good things in this post, Claires thread and even the other one from Dave!

Also nice to see a nice Gold forum again. I am happy and content. :blush:

Following on from your comments and feedback, we would like to make a public statement to help kill some of the rumours that have been circulating. Firstly we would like to apologise to those members who feel this situation has not been handled as best it could. Although we progressed in a way we thought was best at the time, we live and learn and will take note for the future.

We ask in return for a full explanation of why we took the extreme action of banning certain members, and why others have received PMs asking that they decide between LOC and another forum, that you understand that we have the best interests of the club in mind and are certainly not driven by politics of any nature (we all have enough of that at work).

Firstly, to clarify, we are not against people using other sites at all - it would be ludicrous to suppose otherwise - but when other clubs actively solicit our members, this is against our Ts & Cs and we will act to protect the interests of the club.

A 'W***** Free' club was set up by disgruntled members of LOC. It was set up with the intention of being able to chat without language or remarks and comments about other people, predominantly committee members of LOC, being moderated. We took this protest very seriously and made several steps to improve the club for all, and to try and rebuild bridges with disgruntled members who set up the other forums. Despite this, the animosity that prevailed has remained, and is evident in the forums of both LOC and the other site, via phone calls, emails and at meetings. Members of the committee and other members in the club have faced defamatory comments about them, public slatings and other generally nasty two-faced behaviour - and we have proof.

We are against the other club as its name can easily be confused with LOC. In fairness and in recognition of the fact it was evident that people wanted to join the other forums, we made an offer to buy them a new domain if they recinded theirs. This was declined.

Despite the fact that this is a different club, people not familiar with the history will come to the conclusion that they are related - especially now that the club in question have made some of their forums public, again in direct contravention of our Ts & Cs.

All of this, in conjunction with the fact that members instrumental in setting up the other forums, have not been prepared to meet us even halfway, has LED us to take the extreme actions we have.

We hope that you now understand why we have taken the steps that we have. We have never sought to dictate what our members can or cannot do, we never asked or told members that they could not or should not attend the Christmas party held at the weekend, nor would we presume our members are anything other than adults entitled to make their own decisions. We have asked some members to let us know their intentions as we believe membership of the other forums given the malicious nature of them, serves as a major conflict of interests.

We make no apology for protecting the interests of the club, it's sponsors or prospective sponsors and our general membership.

- The LOC Committee

ta for clearing it up, I am sure I speak for all when i say we are all behind the decisions to uphold the integrity of the clob as a whole.

Thought some of the usual people had been a bit quiet!

By the way, Steve, would it have been the crash that wiped all my PM's in gold and possibly here to (haven't checked here yet!!!) :offtopic:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links