Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am looking for a nice LS400 mk 4 myself. But no way would I consider this on eBay at this price. Worth £1900 tops and that is pushing it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-W-Lexus-LS-400-4-0-V8-Immaculate-Throughout-/231433197426?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35e27e5772

Does look rather good though, but out of my price range unfortunately. Still, if I had the money there would be nothing about this ad that would put me off. Quite likely the best one available right now, as he says. (Although selling with a twisted headlamp washer seems like a bit of an oversight!)

An honest dealer will always put up lots of photos. You kinda get the impression that this one really is genuine.

'Worth' is a relative term.

In this country we seem to have totally accepted the fake hypothesis that cars should depreciate rapidly.

Is it only 'worth' £1900? Of course not. With all the quality we know it has? Cars don't lose their value in Europe half as much (that's a metaphor; I'm don't KNOW it's 50% less!)

Certainly in the warped marketplace we have in UK, it costs less.

In a sensible world it's 'worth' every penny-as we know.

I'm sure we can find lesser cars at the same price?

And, who knows, maybe the prices will join the collectors market.

For instance, a Citroen DS23 is 'worth' a min of -say - £20K.

Is it a better car?

Of course not.

And it may be that gradually Ser 4 cars become 'worth' more again as we recognise their rarity.

• Like 1

How many times do we hear this "not worth that"," would'nt pay that for it" The car is worth every penny if you want a good one, if you really want one, that is.

The car in my ident cost me £3750 two and a half years ago and it is mint, the car for sale as 100k miles more than mine but it is still mint.

These cars were £50k new and as I have said often the previous owner does not take anything of the quality or engineering when they sell it so if you really want one ,buy it or you will never get one.

There is a LS400 on eBay usa with the same miles as mine and it is a 2000 the sale price on that car is 15000 dollars that is equivelant to about £10000 and I have tracked cars of similar quality and price and they have sold for the asking price .

There are a lot more ls400 Mark 4s in the states and if quality examples fetch those prices then there is no arguement against the prices asked here for quality examples, in fact I believe they are a bargain.

The service history suggests it's moved around quite a bit (and why not, a lovely car to do it in!). Belfast>Brighton>Ipswich then with a seller in Swansea.

It's a classified ad from a dealer, so polite negotiations may be fruitful or they'll be generous on a part-ex.

Any car is worth only what someone will pay you for it.

The car probobly, according to the dealers bible, Glasses guide is not worth it but this car does look as though it is in extreamly good condition. Lets face it this is a dealer and £4K is where you would start negoiatating from. Remember when the tyres need to be replaced this has the DHP wheels on so budget for around £200 (I know it already has new tyres fitted) a corner fitted and balanced. If I was in the market for one I would be looking to pay £3250/£3500.

Someone will get a nice car. Mike

Yes it looks a lovely car. Is it immaculate well you would not know until you checked it out. How much would thy negotiate? My opinion is that it has started off too high.

So you start low. Mike.

...... I guess £3k might be it's end value as it has 4 new tyres .............. £2.5k + tyre value

Insurers would walk away at £3k methinks............. but settle at £2.5k as a write-off to a private owner.

Doubt the Trader paid more than £1500 for it btw. :whistling:

Malc

Seems a nice example. I guess that dealers know the good ones command top price. There's room for maneuver there though. With regards to oil changes/servicing, the mileage gaps of some of the service intervals seem a bit on the high side to me. Presume the cambelt etc., was done at the correct mileage? If everthing checks out, someone has got themselves a great car.

For that price I expect 95 to 100% perfection.

Remember this time last year a gold LS400 R reg (I think!!!) was for sale at £3750 and sold for £3400 approx. It had full Lexus history and recent cam belt change, though it had a few tiny marks and had 34,000 miles.

That was worth it!!!!!

Wish I had bought it at the time. Would have kept it forever with private plate on........

Nice car but the asking price is a bit OTT in my opinion

I wouldn't want to be paying over £3k if it was me

In the last few months, there have been a number of LS400s come up for sale with low mileages and ones in mint condition with some cheeky asking prices but then fans of these cars can / will pay over the odds for mint cars

This question of ‘worth’ has come up before. I have previously mentioned that I bought my S8 for way (way!) over book price, even after negotiation! However, I was not forced to buy, it was my choice and I did so in the knowledge I was paying over the odds – but it was the exact spec, etc. I wanted and I have not regretted the purchase for a moment!

At the end of the day, in my view, if someone is prepared to pay a certain price for a car that both seller and buyer agree on then so be it.

Now to LS. Is this car ‘worth’ the money asked – who knows! It is encouraging though that the asking prices for used LS 400’s seem to be going up in recently! Maybe, at last, everyone is catching on to just how good these cars really are (although Quentin Wilson did say so years ago!). I’ve said it before that I consider my LS to be the best car I own and would be the one I would save first if the garage was to go on fire (great, no sleep for me tonight thinking about that! What a day to give up religion!). I am not sure I could put a value on my LS to me. One thing is for sure, whatever price I did come up with it would be a bargain - and it would be over £4k!

Enquired about the gold Ls400 advertised for £1300.

When I spoke to him he mentioned that he wanted close to it as people were offering silly money. When I agreed that It would be offering close to £1300 because it was very reasonable. The next day he offered it at no less than £1400. I thought strange? I said that Kent was way too far but he said that he was now in a bidding war.

Later that day he suggeste that he could pick me up if I caught a plane. Or he could drive a few miles but wanted £100 in petrol. When my head cleared up I realised it went from £1200 ish to £1500!!!!

If someone came to visit me 300 miles away I personally would not charge fuel money. I know it is business but I would like a new owner to enjoy the experience.

Head got back together and realised that the seller was plain greedy and unfortunately tried to take advantage. Now he has lost a sale.

Not too much about money but the principles.

Unlucky mate but I still see it on gumtree which you said had loads of offers over asking price.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links