Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys,

I'm new to lexus and looking for a car. I had my heart set on a is250 auto. I am now considering a mk3 gs300 aswell. Could someone please tell me what the difference is in fuel consumption. My commute and other journeys are 1 to 2 miles at a time through the day. So the engine is doing all short journeys and then gets parked up for few hours until the next. I do this a few times a day.

Thanks.

I've just got mk3 gs300, had it since October. It has the direct injection engine and i always use the v power shell fuel and i can't complain about the fuel economy. I do short journeys mostly and i get around 26 mpg local, I took it to London 2 weeks ago and I managed to get 41 mpg, but then again I don't have a heavy foot either.

• Like 1

I do about 4-5 miles a day. But like I say I don't use cheap rubbish supermarket fuel, I use the shell v power, which is very good for a car.Sorry I was meant to say I get 22 mpg local driving but I did get 41 mpg driving down to London.

• Like 1

I traded my 2007 IS250 for 2009 GS300 for "family" reasons. In terms of milleage, in IS I got 26mpg city / 33 motorway. In GS300 I get 23 mpg city / 28 mpg motorway. Accellaration and general comfort is way better in GS300 although in my opinion ML sound system sounds better in the IS

• Like 1

If You are concerned about the fuel economy then You're in the wrong forum. Mk3 GS300 has better engine and beats IS in the looks department, too.

I don't think I'm in the wrong forum but thanks for your advice. Even porsche owners discuss fuel economy. There's nothing wrong with having these discussions after all that's what theses forums are for aren't they. looks are a matter of personal preference. I'm sure the IS owners would say the 250 is a better looking car. Lastly I think both engines are great and after driving german for 20+ years I'm gonna see how well the GS treats me.

• Like 1

If You are concerned about the fuel economy then You're in the wrong forum. Mk3 GS300 has better engine and beats IS in the looks department, too.

I don't think I'm in the wrong forum but thanks for your advice. Even porsche owners discuss fuel economy. There's nothing wrong with having these discussions after all that's what theses forums are for aren't they. looks are a matter of personal preference. I'm sure the IS owners would say the 250 is a better looking car. Lastly I think both engines are great and after driving german for 20+ years I'm gonna see how well the GS treats me.

Congrats. on new car and welcome to the forum. Please accept my apologies i did not mean to be rude. It is simply my personal veiw, that fuel economy is completely irrelevant in this class. But still, £90K diesel S class is selling strong :D

• Like 1

Congrats. on new car and welcome to the forum. Please accept my apologies i did not mean to be rude. It is simply my personal veiw, that fuel economy is completely irrelevant in this class. But still, £90K diesel S class is selling strong :D

No need to apologise mate. No offence taken :)

Thanks for all your help and advice guys I really appreciate it. I'm going to tax the car today but going to refrain from drivng it if I can until Lexus hatfield pick it up and service it. Which is on Thursday the 8th Jan. I'll then put some pics up.

Thanks again :)