Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intermittent Audio/phone/dab

Next you will be talking about how a starting handle was so good on a MkV Hillman Minx, because you could not afford a Battery but the old handle got it going first go!!!!

Which actually it did, for those that don't remember the handle went through the bumper into the crankshaft pulley, check in neutral, bit of choke and wind away.

Next you will be talking about how a starting handle was so good on a MkV Hillman Minx, because you could not afford a battery but the old handle got it going first go!!!!

Which actually it did, for those that don't remember the handle went through the bumper into the crankshaft pulley, check in neutral, bit of choke and wind away.

God Keith, you brought back some memories there, my dad had 3 minxes the last one a mk 5, was past on to me as my first car, the starting handle was a boom when you couldn't afford a new Battery, the secret was to keep your thumb on the same side as your fingers in case of a backfire.

Parents bought an 8 year old Hillman Californian - pretty 2 door coupe with cream bodywork and red roof. Starting handle was always useful for clearing out the exhaust pipe if you reversed in to a pile of sand!

You guys were clearly already quality-oriented future Lexus owners in your privileged youth since you are

talking about a car that had real chrome bumpers unlike a real gritty tin-can item such as the Ford Popular

which had them painted to look like they were!

• 1 month later...

something worth noting at the bottom of page 1 on this thread:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/98997-finally-a-review-by-someone-who-gets-the-is300h/

if you have a destination programmed into the sat nav and also have the voice alerts volume at minimum, you get audio cut out as guidance is 'spoken'.

• 2 years later...
On 10/3/2015 at 0:14 AM, Roscobbc said:

Car went in to Hills of Woodford Friday morning for another attempt to correct the intermittent audio/bluetooth output. Had established that it cut speaker output in car for 4/5 seconds and that other party on phone was still connected and could hear me (I couldn't hear them) - also established that it only ocurred whilst vehicle was moving - stationary and was fine. Apparently Lexus 'tech' have sent them/or instructed them to do latest upgrade. Collected it Monday evening and on the 30 minute journey home the audio seemed fine - will see how it all goes over the next few days.

On a slightly different note - the courtesy car I had over the weekend was a CT200. I have had these as courtesy vehicles before and remembered why I would never choose one for a daily driver - poor boot space - too firm a ride in town, )although fine on motorways and surprising quiet at speed) - rear visibility questionable - some nice little touches like permanently illuminated foorwells and a blue/red led in the overhead console highlighting the cupholder area. But it was OK and I got used to it over the weekend. It was picking up the IS300H today that made me realise what a wonderfully relaxed, peaceful and pleasureable car this is to drive. For the first time in probably in 40 years and over a million miles of driving I have found a car that is worth taking the extra time to enjoy driving at leisurely speeds. I can relate it many years ago to driving my late father in laws RR Shadow - it was much more pleasant 'wafting' around and letting the rest of the world do their own thing. Or have I become an old fart?

Hi, I know the issue with your car was a while ago, but was it resolved with the update? Im having a lot of the same problems! Lexus are having a lot of trouble finding the issue, tried the update and even put a different raido in and still the San.